Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,992 Member
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited July 13

@littleblackskirt Why did I think you lived in the UK? Have I ever mentioned that Scotland is my dream trip? If I could take a trip anywhere in the world, it would be to Scotland.

Ha ha that made me laugh @PackerFanInGB you probably thought I lived in the UK because I do! Scotland is still part of the United Kingdom (and we won't mention the failed referendum to become independent!)

Yes, come to Scotland, you'd love it. Put it on your bucket list :)

Spoiler for you...
    https://www.tartanviking.com This is the website of my walking friend's son-in-law, who runs mini bus tours in Scotland. I've not been on one, but I like looking at the lovely scenery. He has a facebook page with lots of short videos on it. (and just to point out, the rest of us don't dress like he does lol)
  • littleblackskirt
    edited July 13

JFT Friday 12th July

Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅
    No snacking ✅ 13/15
    PF exercises ✅
    General exercises ✅ but not enough
    Walk ✅ 38 minutes

Did go for a short walk, was slower than normal as still very stiff. But at least I made the effort, and as I wasn't eating back the exercise calories it was a small bonus.
    Not sure what I've got on this weekend, have a good one everybody.

JFT Saturday 13th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises
    Walk
  • more_freggies76
    edited July 13
    JFT for 7/12/24 (yesterday)✔️
    1) Can have desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 7/7) ✔️Didn't eat today, after all.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/27)✔️Didn't eat today, after all.
    4) Won't weigh again until 7/11✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/10). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. ✔️
    8) Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/25)✔️Didn't eat today, after all.
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/25)✔️Didn't eat today, after all.
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 7/10)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 7/11)✔️
    14) No more that 600 calories at lunch today.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) No ground turkey ok today.(last 7/11) I completely forgot..got my days mixed up. Did eat this, but that's ok. I'm mainly just trying to not have the same things every day.

JFT for 7/13/24 (today)✔️
    1) Can have desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 7/7)
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/27)
    4) Won't weigh again until 7/15
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/12). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/25)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/25)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) No nakers chocolate ok today. (last 7/12)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 7/11)
    14) No more that 600 calories at lunch today.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) No ground turkey ok today.(last 7/11) Remember, today!!
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member

@littleblackskirt Why did I think you lived in the UK? Have I ever mentioned that Scotland is my dream trip? If I could take a trip anywhere in the world, it would be to Scotland.

Ha ha that made me laugh @PackerFanInGB you probably thought I lived in the UK because I do! Scotland is still part of the United Kingdom (and we won't mention the failed referendum to become independent!)

Yes, come to Scotland, you'd love it. Put it on your bucket list :)

Spoiler for you...
    https://www.tartanviking.com This is the website of my walking friend's son-in-law, who runs mini bus tours in Scotland. I've not been on one, but I like looking at the lovely scenery. He has a facebook page with lots of short videos on it. (and just to point out, the rest of us don't dress like he does lol)

Oh how embarrassing! I obviously sucked at geography my entire life...and still do! That's like you saying to me "I thought you lived in North America...." <forehead slap>

THANK YOU for sending that link! Oh my gosh! I found several tours I want to go on. I saved the link and followed his FB page too. A girl can dream, right? I know my daughter would go with me if I ever was able to save up. We are both huge Outlander fans...read the books when they first came out...but I've wanted to visit Scotland most of my life way before Outlander. Actually, after having our family's ancestory done on my mother's side, I recently found out we have Scottish blood. So there'll you have it! :wink:

It's such a beautiful country.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member

JUST FOR TODAY, 07/12
    1. Create today’s plan and assess yesterday’s. 😊
    2. Log all my food and close Food Diary at the end of the day. :)
    3. 60+ oz water by 7:00 pm. :#It's not looking good...
    4. Dr. Appointment :smile:
    5. Aldi produce run. :smile:
    6. Close 3 activity rings. :smile:
    7. Self-Care 30 minutes. :smile: Nail care.
    8. Evening routine. :sToo tired to read or write in my journal.

Happy Saturday peeps! Hope you are all having a great day! I'm going to try going to my son's to see if I can get in and out of his pool. It's hot and muggy here, and I haven't been able to go swimming or do any summer activities yet this year with this stupid tailbone fracture. It's feeling less tender and it's been about 3 weeks now, so maybe I am flexible enough to get up and down the ladder to get in and out of the pool. We shall see... I am waiting for my husband to come home and go with me so he can help if I get stuck. (oh gosh I hope i don't get stuck!).

Tonight I'm making a new casserole recipe from Instagram...potato broccoli casserole. It looks really good. I suck at cooking though, so time will tell if it is good when I get done making it. :wink:

JUST FOR TODAY, 07/13
    1. Create today’s plan and assess yesterday’s. 😊
    2. Log all my food and close Food Diary at the end of the day.
    3. 60+ oz water by 7:00 pm.
    4. Swimming at Bob's (water walking?) or "Walk a Mile" or "Body Groove" video downstairs.
    5. Aldi for cherries.
    6. Close 3 activity rings.
    7. Self-Care 30 minutes.
    8. Evening routine.

WOTY 2024: Heal. Thrive. Peace.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until early dinner with DH. Can have what I want including dessert. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Recap 7/12 F start of very hot & steamy weekend
    1) Woke up to alarm again to walk dog before heat built... temp was 68F when we left house, we only walked 3.07 miles, and I was dripping when we got home. Temp had risen to 76 in that short time. We saw a few people walking before heat gets bad, only one other dog walker. :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    2) Leftovers for supper (lots again, and that's ok, I don't have to cook) / no crazy snacking ~ ACK! zucchini muffin ok, string cheese ok, too much sesame stix not good / log all food / 80 oz. water :neutral: other than snacking, did great LOL
    3) Load dishwasher & run / wash pots & cooking dishes / prep yard for hubby to mow (found dead squirrel under a tree, that's a hubby job to take care of LOL) / check roses for Japanese beetles & dispose of any (a few GRRR) / read / declutter 5 things just not in declutter zone at the moment / other? topped up both bird baths with rain water, scheduled V cc pmt, updated budget s/s :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 7/13 Sat. ~ weather alert day due to heat index, so no dog walk
    1) Decide on supper / log all food (best guess for breakfast) / no crazy snacking / 80 oz. water
    2) Min. 7,500 steps
    3) Put away remaining clean dishes / read / anything else is bonus

Met girlfriend (minus her hubby, a pleasant surprise for me... don't get me wrong, I like him very much, but I was friends with her for years before he came along) this morning at farmers market. Since she's mainly there for cold press coffee and one or two things of produce, I decided to go before our meeting time of 9. I even woke before my alarm, so maybe I'm getting more into rising earlier. When I arrived, I could not believe how packed the street was! I guess many were trying to beat the heat, and by mid-morning the crowd had noticeably thinned.

Anyway, I got my fresh fish & milk & raspberries and returned to my car to place those items in my cooler (I remembered my ice packs, and the fish people give me free ice on occasion). Then I finished purchasing all my produce before I met my friend. I decided to try a new to me food vendor, and ordered large lemonade and banana crepe. A bit of wait, which they informed me of, and well worth it! Delicious! I will log my best guess. Friend shopped for her stuff and I bought eggs & bread, then we returned things to our respective cars, and sat by the river to visit some more. Except for the heat, a very pleasant morning.

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup (internet) ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies (internet search) ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
      * summer squash, zucchini, mushroom casserole (TOH) ~ excellent! & good way to use squash & zucchini
      * zucchini meatloaf (sister) ~ good but hubby prefers classic recipe
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2x1 [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}, 5x1, 2x2 {either very rainy or hot for 2 wks}
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June x
      4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
      5) At least 7,500 steps per day
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June
      6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
      • Registered early (rats, missed out on waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
        ~ canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
        ~ Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
        ~ overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        ~ overnight visit 7.4-7.5 / walk 2.75 mi w/ aunt; youngest brother & SIL visit next day
      • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
        1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
        1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
        3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
        3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ CAS at AVB concert
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        5.20.24 lunch with LL & LWB
        6.3.24 lunch with former IA mgmt team
        6.4.24 volunteers lunch at church
        6.24.24 lunch with DE
      9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
      • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,908 Member
    @littleblackskirt - I’ve been suffering since October with it. I’ve been doing the same exercises as you, although I have no stairs so can’t do that, I also use a splint at night that has helped.
    I wear knock off Birkenstocks about 50% of the time as they helped more than anything. Then a lady told me about sandals like these (in the picture) and I’m almost healed. I wear these around the house.g55j3aenqklj.png

@cschmitz110515 - I am done! I received my diploma at the end of June, graduated with honours.
    The interview is working as an office manager for a nursing home again.

@mytime6630 - I love all of those quilts I bet you can do them just as well.
    How is your daughter doing these days?

@PackerFanInGB - my interview is this coming Thursday at 10am.
    I hope you got to get into and out of the pool.
    I need to start going swimming again.

I failed to log yesterday and today, will start again tomorrow. 🙄

JFT - Sun July 14th
    Log all food
    1.5L of water
    Move 20 minutes

• littleblackskirt
    To be fair @PackerfaninGB my knowledge of geography in America is really not good lol.
    JFT Saturday 13th July

Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅
    No snacking ❌ 13/16
    PF exercises ✅
    General exercises ✅
    Walk ❌

Snacked on a few crisps and a hot chocolate drink last night. I had to question my self imposed rule of no snacking. Is it okay if it's still within my calorie limit? It's really to stop me snacking on "rubbish" food, so crisps = fail, but an apple is okay. Didn't walk as it was raining and I just didn't want to.
    It was a very quiet day, didn't see or speak to anyone all day. I expect today will be the same.

JFT Sunday 14th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises
    Walk (still raining!)
  • cschmitz110515
    @snowflake1968 Congratulations on graduating with honors (American spelling LOL)!!! Hope that whatever your next job is, it's a good fit for you! Btw, I've also had PF in the past, although it was not so bad for me. Worst was having to desist from long walks, my main exercise, even pre-dog. I used to go around the house & yard barefoot all summer, or slippers with no support in winter. That has stopped almost completely, I have to wear something that gives my arches support. But thankfully, PF hasn't come back.

Recap 7/13 Sat. ~ weather alert day due to heat index, so no dog walk
    1) Decide on supper ~ salmon, rainbow chard & pineapple smoothies / log all food (best guess for breakfast at farmers market ~ had large lemonade & banana Nutella crepe ~ yum!) / no crazy snacking ~ zucchini muffin / 80 oz. water ~ Had to do some guesstimating & food log says my weight would bounce even higher, yet this morning my daily w-i was 1/2 pound less. Go figure. :p
    2) Min. 7,500 steps :smiley:
    3) Put away remaining clean dishes / read / anything else is bonus ~ not really but who cares? :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 7/14 Sunday ~ right now very humid & heat index is 95F UGH... no dog walk & sad me
    1) Church 9:00 :smiley:
    2) Rotisserie chicken, green beans & ??? for supper / log all food / no crazy snacking / 80 oz. water
    3) Min. 7,500 steps / PT exercises
    4) Empty planter trays of rainwater from last night / wash dishes / research Fiddler's Farm concerts / review FF sales (I noticed some good items) & make list / secondary grocery shop / read / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
      * summer squash, zucchini, mushroom casserole (TOH) ~ excellent! & good way to use squash & zucchini
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}, 5x1, 2x2 {either very rainy or hot for 2 wks}
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June x
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps [noticed 7/12 that requirement reduced to 5,000 steps, but I'll continue with goal of 7,500]:
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June / July
      • Registered early (rats, missed out on waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        ~ overnight visit 7.4-7.5 / walk 2.75 mi w/ aunt; youngest brother & SIL visit next day
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        6.24.24 lunch with DE

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • Snowflake1968
    @littleblackskirt - I truly think snacking is ok if it’s within the calorie limit. I actually save room for snacking, I know I want a snack every evening and have since childhood, I have no plans on changing that so…
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - We've been gone all day. I won't eat again until tomorrow. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 7/14/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 7/14)
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, fruit rolls, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/13)
    4) Won't weigh again until 7/18
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/25)
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 7/12)
    16) Ground turkey ok today.(last 7/11) Remember, today!!

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Snowflake1968
    JFT - Sun July 14th
    Log all food - 🙂
    1.5L of water - 😕
    Move 20 minutes - 🙂

JFT - Mon July 15th
    Log all food
    1.5L of water
    Move 20 minutes

@cschmitz110515 - I too used to go in bare feet and no support. I have changed my ways.

I went for a walk tonight, the first time since last summer. I walked 1.67kms in 22 minutes. Slow, but it’s a start.

I also stained my hope chest today. My dad built this for me for Christmas 1984. It will be 40 years old soon. It was looking its age and I was tired of the orange coloured wood.

25moucappv4h.jpeg
    bgo8bmnq5ww1.jpeg

All in all a decent day.

• littleblackskirt

JFT Sunday 14th July

Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅
    No snacking ✅ 14/17
    PF exercises ✅
    General exercises ❌
    Walk (still raining!) ✅ 38 mins

Another very quiet day. all change today, as I have grandson for the next 2 days. So might not log perfectly when he's here.

JFT Monday 15th

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises
    Walk
  • more_freggies76
    [quote="more_freggies76;c-48188272"
    ]JFT for 7/15/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 7/14)
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, fruit rolls, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/13)
    4) Weigh today, then Won't weigh again until 7/18
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 7/12)
    16) Ground turkey ok today.(last 7/11) Remember, today!!
    [/quote]

Sample

• cschmitz110515
    @snowflake1968 The chest your father built is beautiful! Such a wonderful keepsake <3

Recap 7/14 Sunday ~ right now very humid & heat index is 95F UGH... no dog walk & sad me
    1) Church 9:00 :smiley:
    2) Rotisserie chicken, green beans & ??? pasta salad & I added chopped garlic scapes, for supper / log all food / no crazy snacking ~ did fine until evening when hubby got out (potato) chips & dip >:) / 80 oz. water ~ not sure :neutral: daily w-i ok
    3) Min. 7,500 steps / PT exercises close(ish) 6,100 steps :|
    4) Empty planter trays of rainwater from last night / wash dishes / research Fiddler's Farm concerts ~ rats, Sunday event canceled / review Festival Foods sales (I noticed some good items) & make list / secondary grocery shop / read / other? checked yellow roses & drowned at least a dozen of the horrible Japanese beetles, digital declutter :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 7/15 M ~ another weather alert day due to high heat index & potential for storms later
    1) Leftovers for supper / no crazy snacking / log all food / 80 oz. water
    2) PT exercises / min. 7,500 steps
    3) Normal Mon. garbage chores / read / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old

2024 Goals:
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June 4x; July x
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps [noticed 7/12 that requirement reduced to 5,000 steps, but I'll continue with goal of 7,500]:
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June / July
      • Always a good idea
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        6.24.24 lunch with DE

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After my watermelon, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.