Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Before and after. No more sliding glass door
    nzoxppxhlhnt.jpeg
    8my751z89a6c.jpeg

Love your new shower door! Ours is the old sliding style and I hate it! Its hard to clean!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited February 3
    Options
    Wanted to share a something in Dr. Chatterjee's weekly email rec'd yesterday. Titled "Try my Five-step Release to ease Anxieties". Simple, practical steps to help tame the worry beast.

Try my Five-step Release to ease anxieties. Sometimes we start the day anxious. Maybe there’s a work meeting or a social occasion in the diary that’s worrying you. Perhaps you’re not sure what the root cause is. Either way, negative feelings can often be relieved by getting your thoughts down on paper. Set yourself up for a calm day by working through the five points below.

1 One thing I’m anxious about
    Identify the issue that’s most dominant in the swirl of thoughts going around your head.

2 One practical thing I can do to prepare for it
    With day-to-day anxieties, being proactive and practical can really help. Planning how you’re going to get somewhere or thinking about possible conversational topics in advance can reduce feelings of worry.

3 One reason it’s not going to be as bad as I fear
    Our minds naturally turn to worst-case scenarios to protect us, but it can make things seem worse than they are. Foster a more realistic view of your problem by refusing to catastrophize.

4 One reason I know I can handle it
    Perspective is a great thing. Remember how you tackled a similar event – or a worse one – and got through it.

5 One upside of the situation
    Find a positive to the problem that’s worrying you. Most dark clouds really do have a silver lining.

I thought it was timely yesterday. My own shoulder was grumpy from moving heavy cement blocks on Thursday, arthritic toes on my right foot swollen and painful just because. We had a nice break in the weather and I didn't feel up to doing anything - my neighbors were all out pruning and cleaning up their property.

Going through the steps above helped.

Today will be a better day.

Back later.

Lanette B)
    Chilly SW WA State
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,167 Member
    edited February 3
    Options
    Pip: You’ve made a great job of the shower.
    Lanette: Thank you for sharing. I’ve used a similar process in the past. It certainly works for me.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited February 3
    Options
    High strangeness in the wifi world at my house this morning - some posts from you ladies are showing up on this laptop but not my tablet, and vice versa.

This is a test post from the laptop.

Curious to see what gets through on what device.

Lanette

Rebooting everything. Don't think it's an MFP issue.