Options

Replies

• 7freshflowers
    7freshflowers Posts: 101 Member
    edited January 17
    Options
    Susanna527 wrote: »
    Way to go - whoo hoo!!! *doing the happy dance*
    Thanks for all the encouragement Susanna. I sure do need it. Doing pretty good so far. Tonight I had a baked potato with a pat of butter, and about 3 cups of vegetable Mistura (frozen from Costco), and 2 navel oranges. Staying under my daily calorie allowance of 1530. 😋 1x99qxargydq.jpeg

• TexasMommaOf2
    TexasMommaOf2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi y’all! I’m so glad I found this group! I’m 49 and will be 50 in August. I have been heavy all my life.
    SW 363
    CW 342
    GW 199.9
    UGW 150
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    Hi y’all! I’m so glad I found this group! I’m 49 and will be 50 in August. I have been heavy all my life. SW: 363 CW: 342 GW: GW.199.9 UGW: 150
    Hello. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Thanks for joining us. My UGW is the same as your GW. 😎

• TexasMommaOf2
    TexasMommaOf2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi y’all! I’m so glad I found this group! I’m 49 and will be 50 in August. I have been heavy all my life. SW: 363 CW: 342 GW: GW.199.9 UGW: 150
    Hello. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Thanks for joining us. My UGW is the same as your GW. 😎

It’s been so long since I’ve been in Onderland, maybe it should be mine too! I’m just ready to feel better and be off most of meds. I do have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia which play a role in my exercising, but I’ve realized slow and steady will make it to the end too. 😁
  • deejoan
    deejoan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Today I weigh 325. In the last 5 days, I've lost exactly 4 pounds 🎶. My short-term goal is to be under 300, and weigh 299 (or less), on March 1. ☕️ I figure if I tell you all about it, it will give me the incentive I need to work hard and achieve my goal. 😀

@3rdtimeloseit (Evelyn), will you keep me company and also weigh 299 on March 1? But don't let me push you too hard.

Fabulous!!! Keep it happening, very happy for you!
  • deejoan
    deejoan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Today I weigh 325. In the last 5 days, I've lost exactly 4 pounds 🎶. My short-term goal is to be under 300, and weigh 299 (or less), on March 1. ☕️ I figure if I tell you all about it, it will give me the incentive I need to work hard and achieve my goal. 😀
    @3rdtimeloseit (Evelyn), will you keep me company and also weigh 299 on March 1? But don't let me push you too hard.

YAY!!! way to go!! 4 lbs!! that's awsome. I dropped 2.8lbs this past week so I was at 306.8 on Saturdays' official weigh in day for me. I was stoked!! If I can drop 1.25 lbs per week as per my plan, I'll be at 299.3 March 1st. Since it's got 299 in it I'll take it.......lol So here's to us sticking to our plan and getting there by March 1st!!! GO US!!
    5v7hekrirqiz.png

Whoo Hoo!! Fabulous!
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options

YAY!!! way to go!! 4 lbs!! that's awsome. I dropped 2.8lbs this past week so I was at 306.8 on Saturdays' official weigh in day for me. I was stoked!! If I can drop 1.25 lbs per week as per my plan, I'll be at 299.3 March 1st. Since it's got 299 in it I'll take it.......lol So here's to us sticking to our plan and getting there by March 1st!!! GO US!!
    5v7hekrirqiz.png

Wow, that's so awesome! With all these weight loss reports, I'm doing a lot of dancing (happy dances)!!! :D
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Way to go - whoo hoo!!! *doing the happy dance*
    Thanks for all the encouragement Susanna. I sure do need it. Doing pretty good so far. Tonight I had a baked potato with a pat of butter, and about 3 cups of vegetable Mistura (frozen from Costco), and 2 navel oranges. Staying under my daily calorie allowance of 1530. 😋 1x99qxargydq.jpeg

That's awesome! I never heard of vegetable Mistura, but you had me at "fire roasted"!!! Yum 😋
  • seachelle1960
    seachelle1960 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    how does a person reply to comment? I want this to work like facebook but I guess it's time for this old dog to learn a new trick.. *lol

Hi :) I don't have Facebook, so I'm not sure how that works, but here, to comment, you just click on the word "quote" at the bottom of the box of the person you want to reply to. Not sure why it says "quote" and not "comment" or "reply", lol!!!
    c4klbvz0mtfn.png

Hope this helps.

ok,, thanks..
  • Fooshki
    Fooshki Posts: 85 Member
    edited January 19
    Options
    Hello,

I'm a bit late to the party but I would love to join this challenge. My name is Stephanie, I am 34, and I'm from California. I started this year at 250 lbs. and I am 5'7". My initial goal was to lose 95 pounds (since that would put me in a normal BMI range), but 100 is a nice round number so I can set my goal to that instead.

Starting weight on January 1st: 250 lbs.

Goal Weight: 150 lbs.

Current weight: 242.4 lbs. (-7.6 lbs)

My plan for this challenge is to focus on incorporating more exercise and to make small, manageable changes to my diet that are sustainable in the long term. Some mini goals I have are to:

1) Meet my apple watch exercise goal at least 3 times a week (I'll increase this later)
    2) Drink 100 oz. of water a day
    3) Eat 5-6 small meals each day
    4) Increase my intake of vegetables and leafy greens
    5) Eat more fresh fruit when I am craving sweets
    6) Add lean protein to meals
    7) Focus on smaller portions of less healthy foods instead of restricting them entirely
    8) Log meals, exercise, and weight into MYP every day

Currently, I aim for about 1200-1400 calories a day plus about half of the calories burned from activity for the day.

weight.png
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    That's awesome! I never heard of vegetable Mistura, but you had me at "fire roasted"!!! Yum 😋
    The fire roasted Mistura is great. But the fire roasted Melange is even better. The Mistura has broccoli and squash. The Melange has mushrooms and Brussel sprouts. 😋

They come frozen in a big 4 lb bag at Costco.
    knzcccq5l556.jpeg

• 7freshflowers
    Options
    I dropped 2.8lbs this past week so I was at 306.8 on Saturdays' official weigh in day for me. I was stoked!! GO US!!
    5v7hekrirqiz.png
    Good going, Evelyn. I plan to make a brief visit to 306.8 in mid February. 😎

• 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    The fire roasted Mistura is great. But the fire roasted Melange is even better. The Mistura has broccoli and squash. The Melange has mushrooms and Brussel sprouts. 😋
    They come frozen in a big 4 lb bag at Costco.
    knzcccq5l556.jpeg

I wonder if any other grocery store carries these. Nearest Costco is a 6 hr. round trip for me....hard to keep anything frozen for that long.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Sprouts has the Mistura, but I thought it was too expensive. $6? For what they called 3 servings, but I could easily have eaten all at once. (I love veggies and can put away a lot!).
  • dthetyger
    dthetyger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lisa thank you for the challenge. My name is Jen and I would like to join you in that journey. I have been up and down with my weight my entire life. I have waited until were I will soon be turning 65 to really do something about it and hoping to keep it off. I have already lost about 60lbs and I'm ready to lose more. My starting weight now is 278.4lbs. I was at 340lbs. I'm like you Lisa; I don't need to be skinny, but lose enough weight to where I can travel again or just be active if I want. I don't have any weight lost methods, but I'm staying away from sweets as much as I can because I'm a diabetic, but I give myself a treat when I think I need it. I'm not eating that much meat and it is not because I'm strong enough not to eat it, but because it just does taste good to me any more. When I do eat meat I like ground turkey, grilled or baked chicken (dark meat). I also like fruits like berries, grapes, pears, strawberries, and peaches. The fruits have become my sweets and it actually works. I can't wait for summer to have watermelon. I'm looking forward to the challenge, so lets go!
  • 7freshflowers
    edited January 19
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    Sprouts has the Mistura, but I thought it was too expensive. $6? For what they called 3 servings, but I could easily have eaten all at once. (I love veggies and can put away a lot!).
    I agree, Corina. W-a-a-a-y too expensive for only a 10 oz bag. An entire 10 oz bag is only 1 serving for me.
    Costco sells a 64 oz (4 lb) bag for only $15.99. 😋

• 7freshflowers
    Options
    I wonder if any other grocery store carries these. Nearest Costco is a 6 hr. round trip for me....hard to keep anything frozen for that long.
    Evelyn, Sprouts market has a 10 oz bag for about $6.00. Which is only 1 serving for me. Costco has a 4 lb bag for only $15.99.

Go to the Puravida website (puravida-foods.com) scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on “where to buy” to find a store near you that carry’s them. Next time you travel to Costco bring an ice chest or insulated bag and a frozen thing inside.