Need to lose 2 stones, please join me 40s Jan 2024

Options

Replies

• Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    @Changeling34 that's a great loss. We are almost the same exact weight and my goal is also to be at goal weight by the end of May. 35-40lbs is what I'm looking to lose. Most of all like you said though, happy and healthy! Congrats on getting married in a few months!
  • shawks3645
    shawks3645 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m a little late to the party here but would love to join you all. I started 1st of jan at 195lbs, currently 186. I’m eating around 1500 calls a day as I find 1200 as directed by mfp to restrictive. I’m never hungry on 1500 but trying to hit all my nutrition goals helps I think. I have lost 9lb this month and thought that was slow going but good to see that this rate of weight loss is mirroring you guys. I’m getting married end of May and would like to get as close to my goal of 150 as possible by then. I’m peri to at 42 and get a lot of migraines but just started HRT and hoping as it kicks in to get more exercise in through February. We’ve got this, let’s make 2024 the year we get to where we want to be, healthy and happy!

Hi! 👋
    Well done on the 9 pound loss, that’s amazing, i think 1-2 pounds a week is normal and do able. Nothing like a wedding to diet for, i did it in 2022. You might need your dress taking in. Bloody hormones, they didn’t teach us about this at school 🤦‍♀️
  • shawks3645
    Options
    Sweetzyd wrote: »
    shawks3645 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, i need to catch up on this thread, how’s everyone doing? Ive lost 6 pounds now , yaaay .Sticking with this 💯

That's great! Congrats 👏

Thanks, how are you doing?
  • shawks3645
    Options
    jopa17 wrote: »
    How do i send friend request 🤦‍♀️Can’t see the option on a member’s profile?

@shawks3645 You can click their name, - click View Profile - click MyFitnessPal Profile - click the People Group icon Voila! Add me if you'd like! 🙂

what’s the People Group icon? duh 🙄

🤔

4cseosb4hp4m.jpg

@shawks3645 did you try it out? Did it work for you?

No still can’t see it. I’ve managed to update my profile but MFP weight loss figure isn’t right. Doing something else wrong on here 🤦‍♀️
  • shawks3645
    Options
    Those doing IF ( i’m new to this !) do you find it makes a massive difference?
  • Sweetzyd
    edited February 2
    Options
    Hi everyone, i need to catch up on this thread, how’s everyone doing? Ive lost 6 pounds now , yaaay .Sticking with this 💯

That's great! Congrats 👏

I'm doing good! Finally had a physical done, and realized the scale I was using to weigh myself was 7 lbs off so that set me back a little. I weigh more than I thought but it's ok! Using a newer version now.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    Those doing IF ( i’m new to this !) do you find it makes a massive difference?

I have been doing IF for over a year (16:8). I skip breakfast and I don't eat until 12:30-1pm and stop around 8:30-9pm. It helps me to stay within my calories and with controlling cravings in the evenings. I find if I eat later in the day like that, I'm not as hungry before bed. In a sense, it does help with weight loss but you still have to take the other measures- being in a calorie deficit, exercising etc. But just strictly doing IF and changing nothing else, (in my experience) didn't help with weight loss.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,624 Member
    Options

That's great! Congrats 👏

I'm doing good! Finally had a physical done, and realized the scale I was using to weigh myself was 7 lbs off so that set me back a little. I weigh more than I thought but it's ok! Using a newer version now.

Check to make sure your scale is on a hard, flat, and level surface. If you have animals in your house, or even if you don't, make sure there's no fur or hair under the rubber feet. If it's been a while, check the batteries. If it's an analog scale - consider getting a digital one! If you have any regular access to a balance scale or other scale that's calibrated, weigh yourself WITH CLOTHES and whatever you're likely to wear at that scale right before you leave your house and again at the balance. This will help you decide how good your scale actually is.

I weigh in the morning before I drink anything and after I use the toilet, and I'm wearing what I was born with. At the doctor's office, I've had coffee and maybe some food, and I'm wearing at least SOME clothes. I do take things out of my pocket. Since I am wearing more, I weigh more!

I have two scales. I only really use one. They are about 1.2 pounds different. When I do the above experiment (there is a balance scale where I used to work), I find that my actual weight is right between the two. Go figure.

My gym just got a new scale for their locker room. The old one is a very expensive one, but it must be at the end of its life, and maybe some folks complained. It gives a different weight depending where you stand on the pan. The new scale is about 1.5 pounds or so less than the old one.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

That's great! Congrats 👏

Check to make sure your scale is on a hard, flat, and level surface. If you have animals in your house, or even if you don't, make sure there's no fur or hair under the rubber feet. If it's been a while, check the batteries. If it's an analog scale - consider getting a digital one! If you have any regular access to a balance scale or other scale that's calibrated, weigh yourself WITH CLOTHES and whatever you're likely to wear at that scale right before you leave your house and again at the balance. This will help you decide how good your scale actually is.

I weigh in the morning before I drink anything and after I use the toilet, and I'm wearing what I was born with. At the doctor's office, I've had coffee and maybe some food, and I'm wearing at least SOME clothes. I do take things out of my pocket. Since I am wearing more, I weigh more!

I have two scales. I only really use one. They are about 1.2 pounds different. When I do the above experiment (there is a balance scale where I used to work), I find that my actual weight is right between the two. Go figure.

My gym just got a new scale for their locker room. The old one is a very expensive one, but it must be at the end of its life, and maybe some folks complained. It gives a different weight depending where you stand on the pan. The new scale is about 1.5 pounds or so less than the old one.

Thank you for the advice :). You are so right. My scale was an analog scale LOL and it was definitely off. I bought a digital one and weighed myself as soon as I came home from the dr, with everything that I had on and it was accurate to their scales. Just a little disheartening but it is ok. One day at a time :). Hope your week has been great ❤️
  • Sweetzyd
    edited February 3
    Options
    @ddsb1111 I should have asked you before, but when did you start OMAD? Was it before you got to goal weight, or after? I think I might give it a try!
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 845 Member
    edited February 3
    Options
    @Sweetzyd

I’ve done OMAD, 5/2, 4/3, and ADF for about 10 years give or take. Always choosing the method that works best for my lifestyle at the moment, because without adherence then there’s no success, right? I was doing 4/3 until July, and without necessarily meaning to I fell into OMAD again. So I said, guess this is what I’m doing now. By mid Sept I reached my goal weight.

I absolutely love it. I never ate breakfast anyway. I’ve always been extremely tired after eating lunch (no matter what macro it was), and my TDEE is pretty low so I enjoy eating the amazing culinary mash-up’s my husband puts together every night, without too much concern for the calories. Because, let’s face it, he’s never going to cook me a 400-500 calorie meal. It’s a win-win for us, and I feel like I’m never on a diet.

For me personally, I’m not sure if I could have started with OMAD? But, it doesn’t mean you can’t. I started with 5/2, and it took me awhile to get in sync with my body and mind. I had to make adjustments through the process to prevent binging, but not because IF was wrong for me. I had such a bad relationship with food for so long I didn’t know how to eat in general. I didn’t know the difference between hunger and my emotions. Eventually I fell into a normal rhythm and never had to think about it again, and haven’t binged since. Turns out, OMAD has been the easiest and most successful for me to date. Right place, right time I suppose.

I know you didn’t ask for my advice, so apologies for over-stepping, but if you decide to try OMAD I recommend giving yourself 1-3 months to experiment with it. Like anything else, your body and mind needs time to adapt.

And remember, with OMAD you don’t have to eat at a certain time, there’s no window like IF. Just eat your one meal whenever you want and call it a day. Also, if you have a menstrual cycle, you may need a snack during ovulation, as well as before and during your period. And guess what, IT’S FINE ☺️ You are the master of your universe, you decide when and what you need. Don’t get too hung up on what others define as OMAD.

Hope this was helpful in someway and something that connects with you. Good luck!
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    @ddsb1111 No, you didn't over step at all. I asked you a question and I appreciate your advice and you taking the time to tell me about your experiences. So happy for you that you found what works for you.
    Right now I am doing 16:8 IF- have been for the past year or so. I think my body has gotten used to it so I really want to change things up to see. Like you suggested, I may experiment a little first to see how things go. Thank you again for taking time to reach out ❤️. Sorry it took so long for me to reply
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    @ddsb1111 No, you didn't over step at all. I asked you a question and I appreciate your advice and you taking the time to tell me about your experiences. So happy for you that you found what works for you.
    Right now I am doing 16:8 IF- have been for the past year or so. I think my body has gotten used to it so I really want to change things up to see. Like you suggested, I may experiment a little first to see how things go. Thank you again for taking time to reach out ❤️. Sorry it took so long for me to reply

Omgoodness no problem at all! I realize now you’ve been doing IF so it’s not cold turkey for you. I’m sure you’ll do awesome!
  • susienovc
    susienovc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started 3 weeks ago and was horrified to be 14 stone (!!!) I have shifted 7lb so far, but I was hoping for it to be a bit faster to begin with on 1200cals.

I'm breaking it into sections - I said I would do a month to begin with. One that's up in a week, I'll say I'm doing lent and that will cover another 6 weeks. Just trying to inch toward the summer feeling better about myself and able to wear some of my nicer togs and get out of the dresses, boots and tights uniform after a looong winter!
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »

Omgoodness no problem at all! I realize now you’ve been doing IF so it’s not cold turkey for you. I’m sure you’ll do awesome!

I started OMAD on Monday :). Monday was tough, I had some dizziness by late afternoon and just didn't feel well but yesterday was great. Also have some sinus stuff going on which could have contributed. I'll try and keep updating here on how it's going!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,624 Member
    Options
    susienovc wrote: »
    I started 3 weeks ago and was horrified to be 14 stone (!!!) I have shifted 7lb so far, but I was hoping for it to be a bit faster to begin with on 1200cals.

I'm breaking it into sections - I said I would do a month to begin with. One that's up in a week, I'll say I'm doing lent and that will cover another 6 weeks. Just trying to inch toward the summer feeling better about myself and able to wear some of my nicer togs and get out of the dresses, boots and tights uniform after a looong winter!

What are you planning to do after the next six weeks? Will you keep sticking to it? That's kind of important. If it's a burden, consider relaxing your approach a bit so it's not so hard. Keep vigilant, and build habits that you can stick with forever. Looking a little bit ahead is a good tool, but it also needs to be a long-term commitment.
  • ddsb1111
    edited February 8
    Options

I started OMAD on Monday :). Monday was tough, I had some dizziness by late afternoon and just didn't feel well but yesterday was great. Also have some sinus stuff going on which could have contributed. I'll try and keep updating here on how it's going!

Yes, please keep updating me. It does get easier, it’s just a process. If you’re into boring reading I wrote about my experience in the motivation board, with pics even 🙈. I think the title is IF Check-In for whomever whenever, or something like that. If you want to see the ups and downs of the whole thing feel free to check it out. You can find it by clicking on my profile and my discussions (I think). I’m here for support, questions, whatever you need.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I wrote about my experience in the motivation board, with pics even 🙈. I think the title is IF Check-In for whomever whenever
    Good, I'll try to find that and give it a read.
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    I wrote about my experience in the motivation board, with pics even 🙈. I think the title is IF Check-In for whomever whenever
    Good, I'll try to find that and give it a read.

Keep in mind my tailored way of eating might seem bazaar, and it probably is, but it works for me. It’s been in the works since 2014 or 2015 I can’t remember exactly. Thought it was 2017 but realized I was a little off. Now it’s a completely natural flow state and I couldn’t be healthier and happier with it. I hope we all find that effortless way that works for us, whatever it may be… as long as it’s healthy.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    @ddsb1111 That's awesome, thank you! I'll check that out 😊