I’m new to this commujity

Options
I really need some community support. Am needing to lose weight and just am having a hard time getting into a good plan.

Replies

• rperdue2681
    rperdue2681 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Community. sorry
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    welcome. do you have trouble accurately counting calories? sticking to it? knowing if you have selected the right goal?
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    are you logging everything you eat and drink, after making sure the database entry you choose is correct?

i lost 100 pounds without a plan at all. i just ate at a deficit - eating less calories than i burned - and slowly lost weight. i started off by substituting lower calorie foods - dannon light & fit yogurt for full or low fat yogurt (the cherry and the vanilla are my 2 faves), light ice cream instead of full fat ice cream, non-fat milk and cottage cheese instead of 2% or 4%, egg substitutes instead of whole eggs and so on. then i started walking - originally 3 10-minute walks per day. eventually i was able to add more time till i was up to a single, non-stop 45 to 60 minute walk per day. i lost 60 pounds doing those things.

good luck to you!
  • rperdue2681
    rperdue2681 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! My commitment is to log all my food and get an accurate assessment of my habits. I’m also focusing on getting enough protein. I will likely be low carb but not so restrictive as keto.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community!

A good place to start is to spend a little time reading some of the "most important posts" in some of the discussions. For example:
    Then set measurable goals that have a deadline. Make 'em tough, but not too tough. Then work at achieving them. Don't beat yourself up when things don't go right. That's just what happens to us all. Keep sticking to it; take the long view. STICK TO IT!
  • JohnG2073
    JohnG2073 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is a very supportive and encouraging community.