1st real diet

lamarfallin
lamarfallin Posts: 1 Member
edited January 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone I am a 46 year old male and this is my 1st real diet! Since 2020 I worked from home and gain 70 pounds and I honestly didn't really realize it until I saw my self in a picture at a new years gathering, I smiled but it was fake I was like I gotta take back my body. So here I am looking for motivation and positive vibes to stay on track. I know it will take time so let's do this!

Replies

• MujerVieja72
    MujerVieja72 Posts: 12 Member
    Good Luck to you. I do know well how those pounds can sneak right up on you. I've doing this yo-yoing since I was a kid though. You can do it! I wish you well.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,929 Member
    I remember seeing myself in a picture that got me started too.

You might start by looking at some of the most helpful posts to get some ideas and learn how to use the great tools here:

Set some specific goals. Make them measurable, and give them a deadline. They should be a challenge, but not so hard you won't be able to achieve them.

Gaining 70 pounds in four years must feel tough, but you can for sure lose them too. Take it slow to succeed. Start with maybe trying to lose a pound a week. You'll be more than halfway there in a year, and you might drop all 70 by spring 2025. That's a fraction of the time it took you to gain.

Use the guided setup to help, then log your food completely and honestly.

Let everyone know how you're doing!
  • meganlea33
    meganlea33 Posts: 40 Member
    Totally can relate! Working from home is both a blessing and a curse. Sending lots of positive vibes and know you will achieve your goals!!