Looking for Camaraderie and Accountability

Options
lpberns
lpberns Posts: 2 Member
edited January 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there, I’m 55, female, and my goal is to track my food consistently and lose 20 pounds. I work out with weights 3 x week, walk often, and try to downhill ski weekly. Tracking will help me stop over-snacking. This app is very helpful and I’m down 10 lbs from my high. I took a break over the holidays and managed to maintain my weight. Need accountability and camaraderie.

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,070 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community!!

There are some great threads created by our members, stickied to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,619 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for camaraderie among people striving for similar goals, you might enjoy a group I'm involved with called "Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off." It's a private group, so when you click on that link you'll have to request to join, and you'll be approved pretty quickly.

There's only two requirements. First, enter your starting weight and goals for each quarter of the year. Easy. Second, enter a weekly weigh-in. Also easy. We have some ongoing other challenges, all of which are completely optional. They can be fun. We also try to do a "special challenge" each week, although we don't always get one up. The group is run by a few volunteers, and we're off doing fun things sometimes.

You'll find camaraderie, and while you are the only one you can be accountable to, some people find it easier to be accountable to themselves when they share with others.

Check it out if you want. Invite your friends. We're not really recruiting, but... we're kind of recruiting.