Women over 60

Hi! I’m new to MFP. Lost 12# on Semaglutide alone. Just started with Miga, a heart-health program that incorporates Semaglutide with Zoom mtgs with coaches and other members. Take daily wt, BP, and log food & activity.
Married (no kids), 67yo, retired, trying to lose ~35 more lbs, eliminate HBP med, maybe eliminate ⬆️cholesterol med, and turn around pre-diabetes designation.
Hoping to find like-minded ppl to share motivation, success stories, setbacks (if any), tips & tricks, and whatever. Good luck to you all‼️

Replies

• PeggyReiber
    PeggyReiber Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I am 68 and just started a YMCA wellness class which is why I am using this app
  • bondifirstaid
    bondifirstaid Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I am 62 and have LADA - a combination of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. I use MFP sporadically but find I lose more and stay on track more when I use it. It can be time-consuming but it’s well worth it. Also - started going to the gym twice a week with a trainer, who asks to see my logs!!! Making me accountable.
    I find the best success is having a goal - an event to work towards or a date to commit to. I am quite active but find it’s a balancing act, eating enough of the right things vs grabbing something quick when I need a boost.
    Good luck to you both.