Searching for an accountability partner - to push each other to achieve our fitness goals.

Options
Hi everyone, I have been trying to loose about 50lbs for almost a decade πŸ™ƒ

I always start strong but somewhere along the way I fall off track.

I would love to find someone to partner with to help keep me accountable and I would do the same for them.

It's funny that I can motivate others more than myself 🀭

I look forward to positive responses.

Have a great day.

Replies

• Overheadfan
    Overheadfan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I'm a 60 years old woman living in Western Australia and I joined MFP on January 9 th this year. ( A Newbie!)
    Id like to lose 20 kgs and have found that the tracking of calories and exercise , and the support and information from the online community has been really rewarding.
    Enjoying good health and wellbeing is incredibly important to me , as I move through the next few decades of my life.

I find that I'm really motivated by the things that I DON'T want to have happen. I don't want to wear clothes I hate, I don't want to be sluggish and unwell, I don't want to be unable to walk the dog or tie shoe laces/ , I don't want to be entering my later years with a compromised unhealthy body.

I'm currently healthy and reasonably active and I plan to keep it that way.
    I hadn't weighed myself for nearly a decade and I was shocked when I saw the number on the scale at the doctor's surgery. I decided to jump right in and get real about how much I was eating and how little I was moving.
    I really enjoy the feeling of empowerment and autonomy I have in this . MFP has made me feel in control and I'm moving forward in a positive way.
    I'd be very happy to be your accountability mate, but either way I wish you success in your weightloss journey :)
  • VaniyH
    VaniyH Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! Awesome! That would be great.....we can connect in a direct message. Looking forward to it
  • carterbrent
    carterbrent Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Also looking for friends and support. I am 62 retired and need to move more. Please add me
  • jstrujillo005
    jstrujillo005 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 47 year old woman living in San Diego, California. I've lost the same 60 ish pounds over and over for the last 20 years. I've never tried to reach out to an online group, so this is super scary for me. I was ashamed of how much I gained and I always wanted to downplay it. Now I'm a type 2 diabetic and my doctor says I need to lose weight to help keep my blood sugar under control. I would love to meet people in the same boat!