I don’t know what I am doing wrong

So honestly, I don’t know what I am doing wrong. I’m gonna need as much guidance as possible. I have done a lot of diet tricks. I have kept up with what I eat. I eat a lot of vegetables I eat some protein I eat fruits I eat very less carbs and my weight keeps on fluctuating Some days I lose weight then I gain weight so can I please get some tips. On what I could possibly be doing wrong I drink a whole gallon of water a day and still nothing!

Answers

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    edited January 26
    Here is the often shared poster / flow chart.

Pretty sure your answer is in it! :flowerforyou: If not, here are the "Most Helpful" threads from the Getting Started category: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

jgvus21xw680.jpg

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited January 26
    Last summer you said you only weighed once a month. Are you still weighing once a month? Or did you recently start weighing more often? Weight loss isn't constant. It's up and down. You will weigh more after eating than before, more after exercising a little, but possibly less after exercising more.
    If you choose to weigh often, find a good weight averaging app, set a time of day to weigh--the best may be in the morning immediately after going to the bathroom, before anything else. Write it down every day, then forget it. Instead read the average.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    PS: the “guidance you seek”?

It’s in the stickie threads at the top of every board. Read them and reap knowledge, or fritter your time away worrying why “it’s not working”.

You get out of the app what you invest in it.

How do I know? I lost 97 investing in it and have been in maintenance several years.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,133 Member
    edited January 28
    There is no such thing as diet tricks. There is only taking and fewer calories than you burn on a weekly basis, over and over and over again.