February 8: 235
    February 15:
    February 22:
    February 29:
    (Leap year!
  • brandice65
    brandice65 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am new here and hope it is okay to join this challenge. My weigh in days will be Tuesday's to follow the pattern that has been set.

February Start Weight: 300
    February Goal Weight: 290
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150

February 6: missed this week.
    February 13:
    February 20:
    February 27:
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    Heaviest weight: 175.4 in early 2013.
    Original MFP starting weight (January 2018): 168.2
    January 1, 2024 Weight: 155.4 (10-day average 155.8)
    January 27 (Starting Weight for this challenge): 146.8 (10-day average 146.5)
    February goal: Get back to lower end of maintenance weight range
    Ultimate goal: Stay in maintenance range between (absolutely 140 - 153 and ideally 142-148)

I report scale weight and (ten day average weight), and I post on Saturdays.

January 27: 146.8 (10-day average 146.5)
    February 3: 148.0 (10-day average 146.2)
    February 10: 148.2 (10-day average 146.9)
    February 17:
    February 24:
    March 2:

Total loss for February: This week I gained back the down 0.3 pounds I lost last week plus 0.4 more. Oops. I am still down 8.8 pounds for the year, so this is normal fluctuations in maintenance. I have not been following my plan as well this month as I did last month, and the scale reflects it. Let's see if I can change that the second half of the month.

Stick to it!

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,977 Member
    Options
    brandice65 wrote: »
    I am new here and hope it is okay to join this challenge. My weigh in days will be Tuesday's to follow the pattern that has been set.

February Start Weight: 300
    February Goal Weight: 290

February 6: missed this week.
    February 13:
    February 20:
    February 27:

@brandice65 Welcome to the group. It's wonderful to have you join us!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,977 Member
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 63 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall. My highest weight was 253 in 2016. My MFP start weight was 235 in 2018. I will be continuing my weigh-in dates on Sundays. It helps keep me accountable on the weekends.

Start Weight (from Jan 31st ): 181.6
    Goal Weight: 177.6 (4 pound loss)

End of Challenge Weight: xxxxx
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145-155 (I’ll know it when I get there!)

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

02/01-183.4-(Trend Weight: 183.0)-

02/04-DNW-(Trend Weight: DNW)- I was awoken this morning by a surprise visitor so I didn’t remember to take my scale into the bathroom to weigh. It is likely that the scale is up due to the homemade chicken noodle soup and fluid retention from yesterday. It usually happens after I make that pasta-rich soup. I had more for lunch today since I had plenty to offer my visitor. I’ve been pushing water all day which I may also retain temporarily but is much needed to flush away the sodium eventually. I hope you all have been enjoying your Sunday wherever you are. Here in northern Michigan it hit the upper 40’s and was sunny and unusually warm and wonderful for an early February!

02/11-179.2-(Trend Weight: 181.7)- I’m okay with a 0.2 increase even though I wish it wasn’t the day before an important doctor appointment. The increase is expected due to no TMI and also because of that sandwich I had at 2:00 a.m. I was just so hungry! I wasn’t about to make the same mistake I’ve made so many times and start stuffing “approved” snacks into my pie hole that add up to big trouble and no satisfaction. So I just broke down and made my low calorie/lower carb sandwich and enjoyed it with a cold glass of water. I don’t think it actually put me over my calories or carbs for the day so I’m happy to see the damage wasn’t too bad. Tonight I’ll need to go to bed earlier for my traveling downstate early in the morning so history should not repeat itself, at least not tonight. While traveling I will opt for my highest calorie day on the zig-zag plan, but will very likely still be over. I’ll pay that fiddler when I get home.

02/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

02/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

02/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150's
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 11
    Options
    Had an appointment with my DH’s RD and learned so much! The most important factor I learned is he does not actually have diabetes at this time, and we were told he can control it easily with a good eating plan which we began at the first of the year and have no problem continuing. We’ve already stopped all excess sweets, and large meals post holidays and post cruise (at Thanksgiving) - this could have played into the slightly higher A1C reading on his blood work in January.

For myself, I’ve been at this weight and pant size 10 for a long time and just increased exercise so hoping that will trigger a loss on the scale. Goal for 2024 is 7 lbs. and I am a shorter, 5’2” and already eat 1300-1400 calories a day with very little sugar. Any suggestions? Maybe I just need to keep at it and look at the big picture. 😊

February Start Weight: 146.9
    February Goal Weight: 143
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 139

February 1: 146.9
    February 8: 147.3
    February 15:
    February 22:
    February 29:
    (Leap year!)
  • ATnowornever
    ATnowornever Posts: 367 Member
    edited February 12
    Options
    Hope it's not to late to join!

Dr. told me at my last check up, that I have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and Crohn's. Started the Specific Carbohydrate Diet to try and bring the Crohn's into remission, and hopefully heal my liver as well. A nice side effect is that I'm losing weight! (Started at 342)

I will be continuing my weigh-in dates on Sundays.

5’10” 58yo female

February SW: 322
    February GW: 317
    UGW: 170

February 18:
    February 25:
    February 29:

April

weight.png
  • ATnowornever
    edited February 12
    Options
    February Start Weight: 201 lbs
    February Goal Weight: 192.9 lbs (1.95 lbs/week)
    Long-Term Goal Weight: 140 lbs by September 30, 2024

February 1: 201 lbs
    February 8: 199 lbs
    February 15:
    February 22:
    February 29:

Weight lost this month: 2 lbs

February is going to be fun for me. Looking forward to celebrating three different milestones:
    • 0.1 lb away as of Feb 1: complete my first 70 lbs of weight loss ✅ Feb 5
    • 1.1 lb away as of Feb 1: reach Onederland ✅ Feb 8
    • 4 lbs away as of Feb 1: drop below BMI of 35 and reach the garden-variety obesity category (currently I'm considered extremely obese).

Congrats on reaching ONE-derland! @takinitalloff
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 200 Member
    edited February 12
    Options
    September 2023 starting @ 207.7

September 2023 total loss 3.4
    October 2023 total loss 11.4
    November 2023 total loss 4.1
    December 2023 loss 0
    January 2024 total loss 4.1
    February 2024 current loss 3

Total loss 26 pounds

February Start Weight: 184.7
    February Goal Weight: 180
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 142

February 1: 184.7
    February 8: 181.7
    February 15:
    February 22:
    February 29:
    (Leap year!)

No excuses, I CAN DO HARD THINGS
  • FatboyLo103
    FatboyLo103 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    February Start Weight: 158.8
    February Goal Weight: 154

February 1: 158.8
    February 8: 158.6
    February 11: 156.8
    February 19:
    February 26:
    February 29:
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to join! Jump in at any point and share your goals.
  • pammyNNP
    pammyNNP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am starting this a week late since I was on vacation. Posting to catch up!

February Start Weight: DNW (was on a cruise ship) last weight in Jan was 239
    February Goal Weight: 236

February 1: DNW (was on a cruise ship) last weight in Jan was 239
    February 8: 242.2 I can live with it…was 244.5 when I got home from vacay!
    February 15:
    February 22:
    February 29:

Random stuff about me:
    I am 59 years old this month (ouch). I currently live in Texas with my hubby and crew of kitty babies. I am a neonatal nurse practitioner and work 24hour shifts in a busy NICU. If it looks like I disappear on random days…that’s why! About 10 years ago I lost 135 pounds. Never made it to goal but just sort of leveled off at ~200 pounds. Over time I gained back nearly 50. Working on getting back at least to my low weight of 200. I would like to eventually make it to 150 where I think I would be comfortable.

• Wean_over_that_now
    Wean_over_that_now Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Want to say thank you to mtaratoot. Don't know how to do it directly but hopefully will get this message. Better tough love then no love and we all need to hear it! Thank you for the jolt🥰
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,927 Member
    edited February 13
    Options
    📣 😮 Paging @mtaratoot — see comment above mine.

@Wean_over_that_now To direct your comment at someone, put an @ in front of their username, like so:
    @Wean_over_that_now

• Wean_over_that_now
    Options
    @takinitalloff 🙂. Thank you so much!
  • Wean_over_that_now
    Options
    @deepwoodslady. Thank you and others here hope to keep going strong!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    Want to say thank you to mtaratoot. Don't know how to do it directly but hopefully will get this message. Better tough love then no love and we all need to hear it! Thank you for the jolt🥰

You're most welcome.

Now I wish I knew what message you're thanking me for. I've been told I can be an intense person, and I'll own that. I also know that I've been working on gratitude, compassion, and even this year self-compassion. It's tough. I encourage everyone to give it some energy. I'm a work in progress.

I will continue to celebrate everyone's success and offer any insights my experiences may have provided me. I wish the best for you on your journey! I'm actually part of a group that is made up of really supportive people working on being better versions of themselves. It's called "Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off." Anyone here is free to join. There's two requirements: post goals once a year (they can be revised each quarter) and do a weekly weigh-in. We have other ongoing challenges that are optional, and we try to do special challenges too. This week (and last week) the challenge is to make and eat home-made soup. Easy! It's a private group, so you have to request to join, but everyone gets approved. Then you've got a few weeks to enter your goals.

Come join us if you like. Our membership is smaller than last year, so we'd love to have a few more dedicated people looking to find success and share it with others.
  • ATnowornever
    Options
    Hi @brandice65 👋 and welcome 😊