Options
    | Day       | kg @ morning | Cal totals | Cal remaining |
    |-----------|:------------:|:----------:|--------------:|
    | Thu Feb 1 |     124.7    |    1668    |           -18 |
    | Thu Feb 2 |     123.3    |            |               |

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning weighed in and saw my own shadow across the scales. I think it is an omen that I will have more losses than gains for the month of February???? x3zq5wkah40f.gif

Feb 1: 177.0
    Feb 2: 176.2
    Heaviest Weight: 210 BMI 36.0
    Heaviest Weight in 2023: 194.0 BMI 33.6
    Start Weight 2024: 180 BMI 30.9 Obese
    Goal Weight by Feb 29, 2024: 170 BMI 29.2 Over Weight
    Goal weight 2024: 160 BMI 24.9 Overweight
    Ultimate Goal: 147 BMI 24.9 Normal

BMI Ranges
    Underweight = <18.5
    Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
    Overweight = 25–29.9
    Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

@stormywxs288 Yes, my friend! Yes..... That is EXACTLY what it means. And it looks like it's already happening! Keep going, my friend, all your successes are on the horizen!
  • cortner1195
    cortner1195 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m Karen. 🥰I’m 62, 5’6” and I live in eastern Washington State. Just east of Spokane

My goals for February :
    ⚖️Weigh- in daily
    📝Log daily, MFP and bullet journal
    🙆‍♀️ Continue my personal daily push up/sit up/squat progressive challenge, 2 days a week at the gym, 3x a week on peloton.
    Get back down to under 200 pounds

Starting weight 2/1 ⚖️ 214.8
    2/2 ⚖️ 215.6. ✍️ way over calories for the day. Logged it all. Putting my food in the diary this morning helped lift the weight off my shoulders and start today fresh. The popcorn probably ∆ my weight today
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    kimfurry68 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm Kim from Ohio a new member.
    SW: 155
    CW: 154.2
    GW: 120
    As a Nanny and school Transportation Aide, I have noticed I'm in need of accountability. Eating what's left on the kiddos plate, wonderful cooks and bakers at the bus garage bring in good great food has been difficult to turn away from.
    My goal for this month is to stick with logging all I eat and trying to stay accountable on here. Meet accountability partners. March is my bday month. Hopefully I can lose 8 to 10 lbs by then.

@kimfurry68 Welcome. It's so nice to have you here. That bus garage food.....well that certainly would be hard to pass up. For starters, maybe you can not worry about saying no. Say yes, to Very Small Portions of Only The Most Tempting. You can always graduate from there later when you get tired of seeing the same old foods. Sometimes when I do this sort of thing I just look at it as a much needed exercise in food control. Something I do need to practice and get good at. Just an idea but I hope it helps.
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    Okay, so I need some help here.

What is on my mind: As a diabetic I want to protect my kidneys (protein is tough on them). However, as an older person over 60 and someone trying to lose weight, I want to protect my muscle.

When I google my recommended protein intake, all the calculators and manual mathematical calculations put me at about 65 or 66 grams per day. That seems low to me and so very easy to reach. And yet I read all the posts on so many challenges where people are eating protein bars, drinking protein shakes etc. trying to reach their goals. I'm confused. Even Harvard Medical School is recommending 65 gr per my weight.

I would love it if those of you that have time will chime in on this for me. I'm looking for your opinions as well as your knowledge and/or experience with it. I need to know if I should tweak my macros. Right now I have mine set for 25% which gives me grams that are often much higher than the recommendations.

Thanks for any help you guys can give. I am posting this on a couple of my challenges and look forward to any and all responses.

Donna
  • StirredIntention
    StirredIntention Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey friends! My name is B - I live with my husband and two kids and work in community mental health. I've never not struggled with my weight, so I'm focusing on long term habits so I can live a longer and more active life with my family.

Monthly Habits:
    Log all my food 🥙
    Work out 3x/week 🏃‍♀️
    8 glasses of water💧
    Self Care Activity 🧶

Sept weightloss: 6.7 lbs
    Oct weightloss: 3.1 lbs
    Nov weightloss: 2.3 lbs
    Dec weightloss: 2 lbs
    Jan weightloss:

❤️💌FEBRUARY❤️💌
    1: 🥙🧶💧excited to start a new month!
    2: 🥙🧶💧
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:
    21:
    22:
    23:
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:
    29:
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene and have been with this group for a while now. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty). I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023. 💖I wouldn't be where I am today without this group (along with a couple other challenges I am in); I am so thankful for their support and accountability. 💖

My Goals for February

⚖️ Lose 4 pounds (always my goal), but will be happy just maintaining this month, as I am on vacation for 11 days of the month.
    👣17k Steps Daily with one day of rest
    📝 Log Daily
    🥗 Stay under my calorie range
    💪 Strength Train 3 days per week
    🧘‍♀️ Tai Chi or Yoga 1 day per week
    💦 6+ glasses of water

👣 📝 🥗 💪 🧘‍♀️ 💦

Highest Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sept: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8

January Ending Weight 159.8

Feb 1: DNW 📝 💦
    Feb 2: DNW 📝 💦 Stiil traveling, scheduled to arrive tonight. Eating terribly on drive down, sure I'll be up from my ending Jan tomorrow.
    Feb 3: 160.6 📝 🥗 💪 💦 Not as bad as I expected. We arrived in Florida, my home for the next 7 days. Beautiful 70 degrees. We are kind of in the city and no treadmill, so think I will be doing most of my steps in front of youtube. We are going to conquer the Chain of Lakes Trail while we are here 4.7 miles (one way).
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    <3 FEBRUARY <3
    SW-159.4lb
    GW-157lb
    UGW-145lb

1. 159.4 <3
    2. 159.0 <3
    3. 159.6 <3