Women 200lb+, Let's Stay Focused This February!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• teamhealthe
    teamhealthe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mom and teacher here! I’m 5’9” and have lost and gained the baby weight and then some. I know its about consistency, but mom and teacher life can get overwhelming. I’m an emotional eater, so I find that weighing my food helps. Continuing the journey of healthy living.

My Numbers:
    SW: 291
    CW: Will check on Sunday 2/25

1st GW: 225 lbs
    2nd GW: 200 lbs
    Ultimate GW: 165 lbs

Weigh-ins: Sundays
    2/25/24 =
    Total WL/G for the month=
  • sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sharon
    42 years old
    5'5"
    SW (10/22) 230lbs
    Jan 1 Starting weight: 193.0
    CW 181.8
    March 1 goal weight 177
    UGW 150 at which point I'll reassess.
    2/1: 181.8 lbs
    2/8: 183.4 lbs (was 180.4, my lowest yet, yesterday) 🙄 Finishing up my cycle and hopefully next week will show better results. 😕
    2/15: 181.6 (Seem to be at a long plateau here at the 181.X)
    2/22: 181.2 - Looks like I won't make my goal weight, I'll be ecstatic to be 180.X next week. 😶🤞
    2/29:
  • kristinwoods919
    kristinwoods919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feb 1- 225.1
    Feb 2- 223.1
    Feb 9- 222.5
    Feb 16 - forgot
    Feb 22- 222.5

I'm stuck i weighed in a day early. Because I was up early.
  • carley_marie83
    carley_marie83 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Weigh in #7:
    Starting weight: 96.4 kilos (212.1lbs)
    Current weight: 95.4 kilos (209.6lbs)
    Change: - 1 kilo (2.2lbs)
    Total lost: 4 kilos (8.8lbs)

February:
    3rd: 97.1 kilos (213.6lbs)
    10th: 96.4 kilos (212.1lbs)
    17th: 96.4 kilos (212.1lbs)
    24th: 95.3 kilos (209.6lbs)
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Saw this journal at Target today with a quote by Morgan Harper Nichols. 6s2idv6nm3ks.jpg
  • girlinkaz744
    girlinkaz744 Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 25
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I’m baaaaack!

Stats:
    33 years old
    5’6”
    Starting weight: 222 (Feb, 2021)
    Lowest weight: 154 (Sep, 2021)
    Re-starting weight: 195 (Feb, 2023)
    Current weight: 183.5 (Feb, 2024)
    Goal weight: 168

I was on here pretty consistently in 2021 and into 2022, then I had some big life changes (got married, moved countries twice) and… we all know how that goes. Stopped tracking calories, stopped weighing in regularly, and ka-blammo! Tons of weight back on.

My husband and I are on a fertility journey now and the doctor has recommended losing weight since I have PCOS. So, I am back: I’ve weighed and logged all my calories for a week and feel confident enough that I will stick to the plan this time that I’m posting here for accountability. (I’ve had 2-3 days of logging sporadically over the last year as I verrrrry slowly lost 10 pounds, but nothing consistent) I’d really like to lose the next 15 pounds faster than in a year and a half 😂, so I’m here for all the accountability I can get.

I used to weigh in on Fridays but I’m moving my weigh-in day to Sundays because of a change in work schedule.

Sending love and courage to all of you!
  • CeCeFlyy
    CeCeFlyy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Weekly Check In • 2/26

SW: 237
    LW: 234.8
    CW: 234.8
    GW: 165

One thing I want to improve from last week:

I ate out a lot last week 🙈

One thing I enjoyed from last week:

I got a lot of sleep 😊
    I didn’t gain any weight lol

NSV:

✨I’m still breathing

-
    Today is a fresh start for me!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,120 Member
    Options
    I'm Charissa
    63 years young
    [Stats & Goals]
    Starting Weight: 223.6 January
    Starting Weight: 215.0 February

Goals for 2024 > Trend downwards. My ultimate goal weight is between 140 - 150. While I'd like to lose about 5lbs a month, I'm focusing instead on actions that could/should result in that loss.
    - Exercise - 6x a week
    - Water - working towards 80 to 100 ounces daily
    - Better Nutrition *Work in Process
    - Less Alcohol * Work in process. Continuing with "damp" February.
    - Get back to 10,000 steps a day (minimum)
    My Mantra:

🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!

I waited until the end of the month to update. Not at all happy with February, but it could have been worse! Ready for March. I had only 4 days in January that I consumed alcohol. I need to aim for a dryer March as well. Alcohol is detrimental to weight loss. I know that ...but I also love wine.

I did ok with my goals for Feb. Exercise 100%. Water, made it to 80 ounces several days! Nutrition was good except for those days out ~ and it's not that it was so bad quality wise, but just calorie wise. Alcohol, I increased the wine and had a couple of mixed drinks. We had a few nice days and I was able to get a second walk in which put me over 10k a few days.

I think I'm going to mix up my work out plan a bit for March as well and see what happens...

2/1: 215.0
    2/10: 217.0
    2/17: 215.2
    2/24: 216.8
    2/29: 215.4

@mmatcha_latte ~ February was a month full of celebrations for me as well and it shows on the scale so I understand your disappointment. BUT...what a way to finish the month! WOW!!! Congrats!

@ceceflyy ~ So did you get back to working out consistently?

@ravenstcloud ~ I do agree that you need to listen to your body and increasing protein seems to be the magic. But I am also right there with you on the other thoughts. I did manage to go from size 18 jeans to size 16 but like you said, no one has noticed. My husband says things but he sees my effort and I think he's just trying to make me feel better. Take pictures they said... I take pictures...looks the same to me!! At any rate...you are spot on, I am doing this for me...to be healthier regardless of what the scales say or the pictures reveal. This is your mountaintop!! Shout away...we hear you and applaud your work!

@kiteflyer105 ~ Sounds like you're on the road to recovery, that's awesome! Continue the excellent progress!

@girlinkaz744 & @skintight303~ Welcome back!!

@kristinwoods919 ~ Messy I agree! Actually, another member called it "sloppy" and I liked that term too.

Let's rock March!!!!
  • sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 72 Member
    edited February 29
    Options
    Sharon
    42 years old
    5'5"
    SW (10/22) 230lbs
    Jan 1 Starting weight: 193.0
    CW 180.2
    March 1 goal weight 177
    UGW 150 at which point I'll reassess.
    2/1: 181.8 lbs
    2/8: 183.4 lbs (was 180.4, my lowest yet, yesterday) 🙄 Finishing up my cycle and hopefully next week will show better results. 😕
    2/15: 181.6 (Seem to be at a long plateau here at the 181.X)
    2/22: 181.2 - Looks like I won't make my goal weight, I'll be ecstatic to be 180.X next week. 😶🤞
    2/29: 180.2
    Total weight loss in February = 1.6 lbs. - I'll take any loss.
    This month seemed to be much harder than January. I feel like my passion and motivation were very much the same and the same pattern of weekend mashups, but just did not lose the expected amount and did not meet my March 1 goal , but loss is loss and let's see how March goes! "Marching forward!"

Great job to all of us sticking to it and dusting ourselves off and getting back to it when we fall off for a minute. That's key, I believe. Today's "failure" does not have to be the be all and end all. Tomorrow is a new day to try again!
    Love this group!
    See ya all on the flip side in March. I'll continue my Thursday weigh ins!
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    💜💜💜Hey, ladies!!!💜💜💜

Next month's group has been posted in the Motivation and Support forum. Hope to see you there!

🍀Women 200lb+, Let’s Mix it Up This March!!!🍀

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10910667/women-200lb-let-s-mix-it-up-this-march#latest
  • Dia_R
    Dia_R Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I saw the doctor today for a routine follow-up appointment. She was pleased that my weight was down 7 pounds from last month. I am officially pre-diabetic, so we discussed medications to help me with weight management. She said most insurance companies won't approve Ozempic unless you are diabetic, which would have been her first choice. She prescribed Vyvanse, which is approved for Binge Eating Disorder and tends to depress appetite and reduce impulsive eating. She wants me to stop by and weigh monthly at her office, for monitoring. And of course she wants me to continue to log my intake and be active. It is hard to stay motivated.