Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Splitting Added Sugar out from Sugar counts

Options
I am tracking on MFP, and find the macro tracking usually useful. However, my diet is high in fruits and vegetables that have a pretty high sugar count. So I am consistently warned that I go over my daily sugar intake, then recommended to eat more fruits and vegetables.

It would be really helpful if the app could differentiate between naturally occurring sugars v added sugars.
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• darbill1291
    darbill1291 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love this and definitely agree!! Please please please have a separate count for added sugars on my goals. I’m a heart attack(widow maker) survivor and def need to count only added sugars, saturated fats and sodium !! Would love to add this in my profile and program.
  • TracyL963
    TracyL963 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Here is a discussion about why this would be incredibly difficult:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878006/show-added-sugars
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 728 MFP Staff
    Options
    We will definitely look into the possibility of distinguishing between sugars for a future update!

For now, one workaround is to create a new meal category such as "fruits and vegetables" to log items containing natural sugars. When the food diary is viewed on our full website, or via our iPad app, nutrients are sub-totaled on a per-meal basis, making it possible to see your total natural sugar intake by logging the relevant items in a single meal.
  • sfzrh
    sfzrh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I regularly receive warnings after eating fresh fruits and vegetables. Natural sugars should be excluded from the daily allowance sugar count.