Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Crazy Marketing Claims in Ads

Options
1234568»

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    So. On topic but a bit of a deep dive so maybe off topic? I dunno.

Anyway.

I enjoy YouTube anti MLM content. Especially those creators that back their content up with hard facts and education.

Mack Attack is a Pharm PHD who washed out of being a pharmacist due to a personal situation, but now uses his education and enthusiasm to debunk the BS in a series of YouTube videos.

Here he is discussing (and completely debunking/shredding to pieces) Shakeology, which is a Beach Body (now BODi) pseudo-scientific diet program.
    https://youtu.be/xzZOA8h5uHY?si=VLLDT45lbCjxn-p7
    Many of Mack’s videos have very good information about a variety of quackery, including Kangen water and Prüvit keto supplements.
    Absolutely worth the time, imo.

Another good channel that I have just found is Brinnah Jewel, who is a certified personal trainer, and is studying to be a registered dietitian. She is very knowledgeable and clear about the limitations of her current training.
    She covers Beach Body (BODi) in both the quack nutritional aspects AND the exercise “training” that their “consultants” provide to their customers.

Her videos frequently show the BODi people doing exercises, and she critiques them, focusing on why they’re not great, how they can be potentially harmful to people, and then she shows how to do the exercises properly.
    Most of her videos are in the 20 minute range so good for watching during a break.

https://youtube.com/@briannahjewel?si=no8P1sm7YlVv7yS0

I know the folks in this discussion are with me on the topic of not spreading quackery and dangerous diet and fitness advice, so I hope that over time y’all will be able to help get the word out about this stuff, with the assistance of videos like these.

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    lsb4rnpzr8mq.png

This one is 100% legit. This is one of my neighbors that is 85 years old. Not only did she get fit but her hair darkened back up and grew a great length.