13»

Replies

• Songbird_30
    Songbird_30 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer. I certainly would like some help.

I've lost enough weight and know looking a bit frail and skinny.

I was told (vaguely) to eat more protein and start lifting.

1) So, how exactly do we count protein amount (and whatever else I need?), say, from a 1-lb rib eye steak?

2) What lifting routine is recommended for a starter?

Again, thank you so much.

Sounds like an incoming fake conversation...

Oh, really? free help is too good to be true around here, eh? ok thanks.

Though free help of many kinds isn't uncommon around here, often those that mention offering services aren't offering free help but rather advertising. I can't say if that is the case with the OP here or not, but it happens often. There used to be some long term fitness gurus that would offer free help, but over the years many of them have moved on.

The reply by @nossmf above is a good starting point for your questions. If you provide more details to what you want to accomplish regarding your fitness then often people can respond with more specific suggestions.
    Still here!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

@ninerbuff, you - and your valuable contributions here for *years* now - are a big reason why my PP that mentioned "long term fitness gurus that would offer free help" said "many of them have moved on" rather than "all of them have moved on". I appreciate that you don't push sales, too. Good model for how to be, IMO.

I hope the OP here will stick around and be a valuable contributor to the Community, too.

I would appreciate some help and advice with exercise if anyone is offering for free. I seem to do too much and hurt myself.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer. I certainly would like some help.

I've lost enough weight and know looking a bit frail and skinny.

I was told (vaguely) to eat more protein and start lifting.

1) So, how exactly do we count protein amount (and whatever else I need?), say, from a 1-lb rib eye steak?

2) What lifting routine is recommended for a starter?

Again, thank you so much.

Sounds like an incoming fake conversation...

Oh, really? free help is too good to be true around here, eh? ok thanks.

Though free help of many kinds isn't uncommon around here, often those that mention offering services aren't offering free help but rather advertising. I can't say if that is the case with the OP here or not, but it happens often. There used to be some long term fitness gurus that would offer free help, but over the years many of them have moved on.

The reply by @nossmf above is a good starting point for your questions. If you provide more details to what you want to accomplish regarding your fitness then often people can respond with more specific suggestions.
    Still here!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

@ninerbuff, you - and your valuable contributions here for *years* now - are a big reason why my PP that mentioned "long term fitness gurus that would offer free help" said "many of them have moved on" rather than "all of them have moved on". I appreciate that you don't push sales, too. Good model for how to be, IMO.

I hope the OP here will stick around and be a valuable contributor to the Community, too.

I would appreciate some help and advice with exercise if anyone is offering for free. I seem to do too much and hurt myself.

@Songbird_30, literally everyone here is offering advice for free. Some of it is even good advice. Some of it is even from personal trainers with good experience and credentials, some of it is from people with relevant credentials of other types, some of it is just from people with very long well-educated personal experience. (Even I had coaching certs in my cardiovascular short-endurance sport, but didn't do the continuing education to keep certification active.)

You'll get best results if you post in the Exercise and Fitness area of the Community, and post specific questions with a title that gives a good idea what the main issue is. But if you post here, maybe OP will come back and answer, or maybe other people have answers . . . if you have specific questions. If you want to know on what authority people give their advice (education, certifications, experience), ask that, too.

If your core issue is doing too much, others might have suggestions, but we'd need more specifics about what you're doing and what your fitness goals are. The idea that exercise needs to be lengthy, daily and punitively intense to get benefits: That's nonsense, total myth. Overdoing is counter-productive for either fitness or weight management.
  • zahraB1
    zahraB1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's Love :)