Here we go again

Options
This will be my second time on the app. I had great success the first time. I lost 30 lbs. I did something to my neck during that time and couldn’t exercise and then I lost interest in eating right and gained it all back plus some. I need to lose about 50 lbs. Always looking for people to encourage along the way and for people to do the same for me. Add me if you wish. I’ll follow back.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,243 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

What will you do differently this time so you don't gain the weight back? Even if you can't be physically active, perhaps even more so, the key is working on balancing your calories. So what are your goals?
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 50# and keep it off. I know I have to stay true to my calorie goals and log meals. I also am going to have to avoid coffee because I like Cream and sugar. Lots of it.
  • lisawhite1b188
    lisawhite1b188 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have a clear plan in mind for reaching your weight loss goal and maintaining it. Here are a few additional tips to support your journey:

Find Alternatives to Coffee: If you enjoy the ritual of coffee but want to avoid the cream and sugar, consider switching to tea or black coffee with a splash of unsweetened almond milk or a natural sweetener like stevia. You can gradually reduce the amount of cream and sugar over time until you're comfortable with less or none at all.

Experiment with Flavorful Seasonings: To add flavor to your meals without extra calories, experiment with herbs, spices, citrus zest, and vinegar. These can enhance the taste of your food without relying on added fats or sugars.

Stay Hydrated: Sometimes thirst can masquerade as hunger, leading to unnecessary snacking. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated and keep cravings at bay.

Incorporate Physical Activity: Along with managing your calorie intake, regular exercise can significantly support weight loss and maintenance. Find activities you enjoy, whether it's walking, swimming, dancing, or yoga, and aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week.

Practice Mindful Eating: Pay attention to your body's hunger and fullness cues, and try to eat slowly and without distractions. This can help prevent overeating and promote a more mindful relationship with food.

Remember to be patient with yourself and celebrate your progress along the way. Sustainable weight loss is a journey that requires dedication and consistency, but with the right habits and mindset, you can achieve your goals and maintain them for the long term.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,243 Member
    Options
    Give yourself plenty of time. If you want to keep it off, build habits. Slow and steady is where it's at.

I used to use half & half and honey in my coffee. I drink it without anything now, and I love it. You can, if you want, make that transition. I started by stopping the sweetener. Then I used less half & half. Then I switched to a coconut based creamer that actually was pretty good and fewer calories. Then I just started drinking it black. My dentist says it's better for teeth to drink it without anything.

If I had to stop coffee altogether, tea would be a bigger part of my life.

Get good quality beans. Grind them yourself. Find a way to make a very good cup. You might be surprised. I do single-cup pour-over filters. I'm experimenting with an Aeropress. I borrowed one from a friend. I might invest in one.

Set up your process and keep sticking to it! I hope you find a way to keep coffee in the plan. If not - you'll save some money in the process.
  • cratone7276
    cratone7276 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Similar situation here. Welcome back!