Losing it

Options
Does anyone ever feel like it’s to much? Sometimes I don’t even feel like caring about my weight/ health. Life gets heavy and busy.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    mmgirl87 wrote: »
    Does anyone ever feel like it’s to much? Sometimes I don’t even feel like caring about my weight/ health. Life gets heavy and busy.
    Think if it this way: if your health ends up suffering.............................that heavy life and business will be an afterthought because you won't be healthy enough to do them. You can always make money, you can always attend to life. You CAN'T get back the years you lost to bad health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• 54ShadesOfBlue
    54ShadesOfBlue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yes -I have experienced this at times. Sometimes you can also get stuck in that rut for a long time, but in the end you know what a better place to be is, so try your best to push past those feelings as best as you can.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I don't know your situation or what methods you're using to get to your goal, but I can share what I've been doing that I think is helping me.

This wasn't my plan, but for about 5 months now I've just ate maintenance calories. MFP has this option in the goal settings. It's not ideal, goal-wise, but it's allowed me some breathing room to reassess some things until I can stop being the obstacle, and it has been an interesting learning experience for when I eventually get to goal and have to maintain anyway.

I recently saw these two threads, maybe helpful to you.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904988/how-do-you-deal-with-burnout#latest
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10888629/what-wellness-type-things-do-you-do/p1

I hope things get better for you soon.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    For me, putting a priority on making weight management easy (rather than fast) was a help. When I had bursts of energy, motivation or enthusiasm, I would look for new habits that would be doable and positive, then practiced them until they could run pretty much on autopilot. In times when I have less energy or willpower, I can fall back on those habits and just try to maintain there.