Hello I am new to Fitness Pal

Options
kybouchie
kybouchie Posts: 1 Member
My name is Susan and I am just starting with fitness pal. I am almost 67 years old, disabled Army veteran and retired law enforcement detective. I am the mother of 2 children, 2 stepchildren, 7 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. I had my back and neck broken in 5 places while serving our country and have had 2 surgeries and facing 2 more. Trying to prepare my body for the after surgery recovery.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome, Susan!

I don't know whether your goals here are weight loss, nutrition tune-up, improved fitness or some combination, but I'm guessing that if someone with your backstory commits to using MFP to work on those things, you will reach those goals.

If weight loss is part of it, it's perfect that you're doing that in preparation for surgery. Though I'm not sure, it seems likely your medical team may not encourage pursuing weight loss - at least not aggressively - in the acute phase of healing post-surgery. (I wish I'd gone to maintenance calories after a muchMuch more minor surgery I had during weight loss. But your docs will give you more tailored guidance than some random idiot like me on the internet. :) 0

Best wishes for excellent outcomes with both MFP and your future surgeries, and thank you for your service both in the military and law enforcement.
  • hoffard
    hoffard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need an accountability buddy. I'm 64 years old, retired geologist, retired special education teacher. I'm only one week in. Are you interested?