Hello my name is Edgar and I've been stuck at the same weight

Options
Eazyed12
Eazyed12 Posts: 1 Member
Been trying to lose weight for a while now, and it's been going pretty well from 270 to 230. But now I'm stuck at 230 lbs. Drinking more water and eating more fruits seems helpful, but I'm curious if anyone else has some advice or tips! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ๐Ÿ™ #WeightLossStruggles #FitnessGoals

Best Answer

• gedsnt
    gedsnt Posts: 5 Member
    Answer โœ“
    Options
    If you can afford it. Bistromd can send you every meal you would need.

I did it and lost 6lbs in one week.

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    Been trying to lose weight for a while now, and it's been going pretty well from 270 to 230. But now I'm stuck at 230 lbs. Drinking more water and eating more fruits seems helpful, but I'm curious if anyone else has some advice or tips! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ๐Ÿ™ #WeightLossStruggles #FitnessGoals

Over what period did you lose the 40lbs?
    And how long has the weight loss stopped?

If it's short-term (a few days or weeks) stalls are normal.
    If it's longer term: a smaller body requires fewer calories - have you adjusted your calorie goal since losing weight?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options

Body fat changes are all about calorie intake, directly. Water and nutrition (among other factors) make at most an indirect contribution, via fatigue/energy or appetite/cravings.

You don't mention calories at all, though you've apparently had an account here since 2021, so maybe you've been logging food and tracking calories. But if your weight has been stable a few pounds up and down cycling around the 230 for 4-6 weeks or more, you've found your current maintenance calories. Continuing loss will more than likely require either lower calorie intake, or more activity.

Best wishes!