Did anyone watch Oprah Monday night? Shame, blame and the weightloss revolution.

Options
1235»

Replies

• Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 510 Member
    edited May 7
    Options
    @arlene_dallas1 ~ the article can also be found in the MFP Blog, plans tab. Here's the link I get going in that way:
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/semaglutide-nutrition-plan-by-myfitnesspal/
    -- it looks like there is a link to the plan in the article...

Otherwise, Do you have the app? I think it says it is only available through the MFP app. (I use the web version, so I can't go further to see the actual plan.) Imagine it can be found in the "Choose Plan" ~ Maybe someone with the app can help further? @MargaretYakoda ?
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,653 Member
    edited May 8
    Options
    @arlene_dallas1 ~ the article can also be found in the MFP Blog, plans tab. Here's the link I get going in that way:
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/semaglutide-nutrition-plan-by-myfitnesspal/
    -- it looks like there is a link to the plan in the article...

Otherwise, Do you have the app? I think it says it is only available through the MFP app. (I use the web version, so I can't go further to see the actual plan.) Imagine it can be found in the "Choose Plan" ~ Maybe someone with the app can help further? @MargaretYakoda ?

It’s not a diet plan but more of a few days of general information about semaglutides and how best to eat when taking them.
    Honestly I found it interesting. I do think it could be at least a little helpful for people using semaglutides.

I use the iPhone app. I’m not sure if this plan is for paid members only.

swfbn8a2b327.jpeg
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 510 Member
    edited May 8
    Options
    Heard an interview with an author Johann Hari regarding his book "Magic Pill: The Extraordinary Benefits and Disturbing Risks of the New Weight-Loss Drugs"

Interview was quite interesting and salient. Imagine worth the read for his take on the pros and cons.

What I found interesting in the discussion was his experience with (insatiable/my word inserted) appetite he lays at the feet of processed junk foods, noting the experiment with rats. On regular chow, the rats seem to self-regulate moderate eating and stop when full. When introduced to junk food for example cheesecake and snickers bars, the rats way overate, diving into the junk food and disregarding regular chow.

Author's experience was the Ozempic (drug he used personnally) took away that appetite for him.

He also mentioned the current drugs can help a person lose a percentage of bodyweight (maybe 15%?) but others in the pike much more (40%?).

His upshot was the thought that the pros outweigh the cons for obesity when other efforts like diet and exercise fail, despite willpower.
    /end fyi

I have no personal conclusions yet beyond skepticism of the risks, but found the interview credible from a user's POV.