Every. Day.

Options

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Looking at a rainy day today, so need to be out of the house early to walk Abby. Yesterday good. Today will be a challenge with being stuck in the house most of the day. Dinner at friend's house tonight.

@krabuck "There's a growth revelation for me... only a few weeks ago, after having a bad day of eating I would have just given up." That is HUGE. Perfection is just not doable. Ultimately this is a turtle process ... learning how to make good choices that will last a lifetime. Sometimes the "good choice" is to enjoy oneself and then return to "normal" the next day.

@Kaferine also great choices. BTW, the huli huli chicken can also be done in the oven. I would just put tge chicken under tge broiler for 4-5 minutes at the end. (I am going to try that next time, since grilling requires quite a bit more time ... and good weather)
  • Awegg05
    Awegg05 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Day 50! No weigh in today

50 days down, about half of them I'd say I was actually on track with my plan and goals. Since moving, I just cannot seem to get back to what I was doing. I'm feeling a LOT better mentally and emotionally than I was last week. It's been great seeing you all working towards your own goals and supporting each other ❤️
  • kaferine69
    kaferine69 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!

I'm grumpy today over work stuff. Trying not to let it affect my food choices.

That is all!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options

Dinner at friend's house yesterday. Good food, but not particularly good for me as very carb laden. The type of meal that tends to lead me astray. Interesting observation is how sluggish I feel this morning, despite having a good night's sleep. Off for weekend trip early tomorrow morning.

@Awegg05 Glad you are feeling better. Is there an interim strategy you can try that is maybe not exactly what you were doing before but would be a good step in the direction you want to go?

@kaferine69 I remember days like that! Love being retired🙂
  • kaferine69
    Options
    Good morning! Had my annual gyno appt. this morning, so I got into work late. Missed my morning coffee, so I'm enjoying it now.

Tried out the Spanish chicken recipe and the maple-glazed sweet potato recipe last night for dinner! And I cooked, which is abnormal because usually my husband cooks, but we were released early from work yesterday so I was able to go to the store and start dinner early.

Spanish chicken was made with boneless skinless chicken thighs, white wine reduction, fresh parsley, garlic, salt & pepper. A teeny bit of lemon juice drizzled over to finish.

Maple-glazed sweet potatoes were made just by mixing a little bit of maple syrup, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Oven roasted until desired doneness. I would have liked them roasted just a little longer so the edges were a tiny bit crispier.

We also had roasted broccoli & mushrooms, just in case both of the above were terrible, LOL.

Delish!!!

iaykpjvxumbj.jpg
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 51: 219.4 (-2.0 since last weigh in)

I'll be honest, I got on the scale yesterday and it didn't complete the weight, but I didn't like where it was averaging to, so I stepped off before it could complete it lol ignorance is bliss? I feel silly for doing it, I just couldn't bear to see a higher number. I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. I lose it during the week and pack it back on over the weekend. It's been frustrating and I really wish I had more support at home. I know that it's not their responsibility and I should be relying on myself. But man, when my fiancé hands me a pint of ice cream every night, it's hard to say no. I usually take it, have a spoonful or two, then hand it right back. Enough to enjoy the flavor but not consume the entire pint in one sitting, which is what I would have done a few months ago. The screenshot is my weight over the past 31 days. It's a ROLLERCOASTER! But with every dip, it's a little lower than the last one. So I can see I'm making progress slowly. If I could get my weekends in line, the drops would be much more significant. I had plans to get appropriate groceries on pay day but bills took it all so I'm kinda coasting until NEXT pay day. I could be more active... I'm trying... been taking the little one on walks about every other day, then we got rain for a few days. We're about to take a trip to the store so I'm planning on walking the aisles and pick up some steps!

Have a lovely day, everyone!

trh5z9vjf1eg.png

• Awegg05
    Options
    @kaferine69 that plate looks DELISH!
  • kaferine69
    Options
    Awegg05 wrote: »
    Day 51: 219.4 (-2.0 since last weigh in)

I'll be honest, I got on the scale yesterday and it didn't complete the weight, but I didn't like where it was averaging to, so I stepped off before it could complete it lol ignorance is bliss? I feel silly for doing it, I just couldn't bear to see a higher number. I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. I lose it during the week and pack it back on over the weekend. It's been frustrating and I really wish I had more support at home. I know that it's not their responsibility and I should be relying on myself. But man, when my fiancé hands me a pint of ice cream every night, it's hard to say no. I usually take it, have a spoonful or two, then hand it right back. Enough to enjoy the flavor but not consume the entire pint in one sitting, which is what I would have done a few months ago. The screenshot is my weight over the past 31 days. It's a ROLLERCOASTER! But with every dip, it's a little lower than the last one. So I can see I'm making progress slowly. If I could get my weekends in line, the drops would be much more significant. I had plans to get appropriate groceries on pay day but bills took it all so I'm kinda coasting until NEXT pay day. I could be more active... I'm trying... been taking the little one on walks about every other day, then we got rain for a few days. We're about to take a trip to the store so I'm planning on walking the aisles and pick up some steps!

I really feel you re: weekends. Weekdays are much more easier to plan for because I only bring to work what I'll eat when I'm there, and hubby usually has dinner made or is cooking when I get home. I leave myself very few "options" because if I have choices, I'll just eat all of it. Weekends are much harder because I'm home and able to see how much food we have.

• kaferine69
    Options
    Today was weigh-in day and check-in day with my doc. I've been eating less overall for 3 weeks and I'm just losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. In most cases I'm thousands of calories under what I may typically eat in a normal day. I'm a little discouraged. But I am going to take measurements tonight to see if there's a difference there - I last took them two weeks ago.

Feeling that lack of motivation to continue today, for sure. But I brought a few lunch options to pick from: tuna salad with crackers, leftover chicken, broccoli and sweet potatoes, and two small chicken thighs I can add to a salad.

Also, I woke up hungry today, which is probably why I'm not feeling very good today overall.

• Awegg05
    Options
    Day 52: 218.2 (-1.2)

Yesterday was a busy one with running errands, baby duty. Then a long drive to see my oldest son play viola in his Orchestra - they were very good! My kiddo is super interested in music and plays 3 different instruments at the moment. His Dad and I were both band geeks so I guess it makes sense! Lol
    Because we were on the road, my fiancé and I were starving after the concert and ended up getting McDonald's. Man, did that mess up my stomach. And honestly, I think I prefer lettuce wrapped burgers as opposed to having the bun? I was just kinda underwhelmed by it.

@kaferine69 i totally get that struggle! Push through this and try to stay consistent. Did your doc have any suggestions? Are you tracking protein intake and have a dily goal? Water intake? Great job for giving yourself good options for lunch despite feeling a bit discouraged ❤️ you got this!

@Lietchi yeah, the trends don't look as drastic for me - I'm seeing the downward trend overall which is great!

v5zeme7ps8hh.png
  • kaferine69
    Options
    Hello all!

Checked in with my doc yesterday and did my meds. A little bit of tummy trouble today, but nothing too terrible. I think the meds are starting to work? This morning I heard my stomach growling, but I didn't actually feel any hunger pangs. It was a really odd thing. (I missed my morning snack because of a work meeting - don't worry, I had lunch shortly after at 550 calories!)

My doctor replied to me to tell me that he's pleased I am eating less and exercising more, but that I need to try to limit my carb intake. I'm really put out, kind of, because it's really difficult to limit both calories AND carbs. I'm supposed to be doing mostly Mediterranean foods and even whole grains and veggies have carbs! Those sweet potatoes I made come in at 31 calories per serving! I asked him to clarify because it just doesn't feel realistic and/or sustainable to limit both with the diet he wants me to follow.

Also, I think my fluctuating weight could be related to my scale. It's, like, 10 years old at this point, and this morning I hopped on and got a 257 reading, but didn't take a picture of it for the doctor in time before it disappeared; when I got the second reading, seconds later, it showed 260. I did it three more times just to be sure. So, I have another scale coming soon.

Hope everyone's doing ok! Been quiet in here today and yesterday.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    kaferine69 wrote: »

Also, I think my fluctuating weight could be related to my scale. It's, like, 10 years old at this point, and this morning I hopped on and got a 257 reading, but didn't take a picture of it for the doctor in time before it disappeared; when I got the second reading, seconds later, it showed 260. I did it three more times just to be sure. So, I have another scale coming soon.
    We were given an old school balance beam scale a couple decades ago. The thing is solid like a brick kitten house.

It never fails…. Never.

I don’t comment much here. But I read and am a cheerleader in the background.
    💐💐💐💐💐
  • kaferine69
    Options
    Happy Monday morning!

Yesterday we took hubby's mother out for a Korean BBQ lunch. About twice as many calories per meal than I am used to doing recently, even with better choices made. Whew! To offset that, hubby and I had protein shakes blended with strawberries, blueberries and a banana for dinner. Still filling, good carbs, and less hassle than food. I think I ended up 14 calories over my daily limit. But, still a good weekend, considering!

Hubby is on the struggle bus currently. He's been cutting carbs a lot and apparently his serotonin levels really drop when he does this. We are hoping his body readjusts itself, because he's pretty miserable right now. But, it has to be done. It's always miserable at first!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 57: no weigh in

Hello, all! I'm still here, hanging onto my motivation by a thread. Been consumed with life and making it by with the groceries we have til payday. Not the best choices at the moment, but shopping day is tomorrow. I'm hoping to bulk up on the better choices and really get myself back into the groove. I've been letting this go on for too long. I really wanted to be in onederland by the time I leave for vacation at the end of June. Thats about 20 pounds! I gotta get my butt moving!

@kaferine69 I'm sorry to hear your hubby is feeling crummy. Have you looked into electrolytes? It might help him <3
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, hanging onto my motivation by a thread.

There it is. The difference between getting to goal weight and giving up.

Hanging on when it gets tough.

It always gets tough. Life can be a real (redacted) and sometimes it’s all you can do to just hang on.

That’s OK. That’s actually winning. Although it usually doesn’t feel like it at the time.

It does get easier eventually. I promise.

Keep logging in. Keep sharing updates with us. We’re cheering you on.
    rvrebrgn6qs0.jpeg

• kaferine69
    edited May 15
    Options
    Morning all. Also hanging on by a thread today. Alarm did not go off, so I made it into work on time, but not as nicely presented as usual, so I'm feeling a little like hiding in a hole. But I do have on a blouse that I haven't worn for at least a year. It's a little smaller than others, or maybe it just clings more. Either way, I'm trying to be comfortable in it.

Also, perhaps more pressing, my tum has been upset for days. I'm pretty sure it's the addition of protein shakes. My body is not used to having so much protein at once. I'm feeling pretty miserable today.

But, I do have the making of a nice lunch and snacks. The last of the ground lamb taco leftovers with lettuce, avocado and cheese in a low carb tortilla. Ground lamb was cooked with onions and orange & yellow peppers. Apple and banana for snack, and I think I also have some string cheese. And, alas, another protein shake. I may forgo to protein shake today.

I have plans to go for a walk around a local park with some girlfriends after work. Based on how I'm feeling, I hope I make it that far.

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,214 Member
    edited May 15
    Options
    Day 57: no weigh in

Hello, all! I'm still here, hanging onto my motivation by a thread. Been consumed with life and making it by with the groceries we have til payday. Not the best choices at the moment, but shopping day is tomorrow. I'm hoping to bulk up on the better choices and really get myself back into the groove. I've been letting this go on for too long. I really wanted to be in onederland by the time I leave for vacation at the end of June. Thats about 20 pounds! I gotta get my butt moving!

@Awegg05 motivation isn't what carries you through to your goal :smile: well, not 'motivation' in the sense of being enthusiastic/raring to go/... Obviously, you need a deeper motivation to lose weight (increasing your quality of life, confidence, etc.) but the other type of motivation is a finite resource. Honestly, a good part of my weight-loss journey I was just plugging along, not particularly motivated, just being consistent and on 'autopilot' with the habits I had built. This was me a few months into my weight-loss journey: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773684/when-weight-loss-isn-t-a-shiny-new-thing-anymore/p1

(Side note: it's easier to build habits gradually - overhauling many things in one go is going to eat up a lot more of that finite quantity of motivation you have)

So keep it simple, if life is just too much at the moment, focus on one or two easy habits you can build from. Could be something like: logging everything consistently (regardless of calorie amounts) and getting a certain number of steps in.
    Hang in there :smile:
  • kaferine69
    Options
    Today is weigh-in day! And even though I did not poop yesterday or this morning (sorry for TMI, but you know what I am talking about!!!), I am down 3 lbs!!! WOOHOO!

Feeling good! Yesterday was a complete (redacted) show at work and it was an awful day, but today is looking promising! :smiley:

Hubby and I got together with 3 of my girlfriends last night and did a walk around the local park. We did a 90 min walk and I only had to stop to sit once!! This is a Big Deal for me. All the extra weight about my belly, it drags on my lower back, and I'm in pain all the time. So for me to go more than, say, 3 blocks worth of walking at any time is an accomplishment!
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    @kaferine69 ~ confetti happy dances on the loss and the improved stamina on your walk! awesome!
    -- regarding the protein powder - may be an intolerance... if it repeats try eliminating for a few weeks, then try again to see if it repeats.

1akdof9l8ii1.jpg
    motivation is always kind of an emotional thing for me - it kind of comes and goes, like ocean waves - sometimes big & strong & fierce - sometimes it evaporates poof and recedes like a low tide... The question is how to push through and keep going despite a bad case of the 'i don't wannas'???
    Think @Lietchi is spot on - it is about keep going with the habits - keep it simple when needed... I like to do something every day for mental strengthening - like reading an article, chatting on MFP, sometimes it is a good comedy for a laugh or early to bed so I feel better in the morning... The important thing is to just keep trying, hang in - don't quit -- anything you do for you/self-care makes tomorrow you better.... (hugs)