Motivation

Options
Hello. I have a busy work and social (teenage granddaughter) life/schedule. I have used fitness pal in the past. I know I need encouragement logging food.
I have 50 lbs to loose. This is not just a “ I want to look/ feel better “, it is for health issues too.
Join me in this journey I must make. Encourage me on days I feel “down”. Tell me your story, let me encourage you to help you with your journey.

Replies

• AyaTheTyga
    AyaTheTyga Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Family is one of the biggest drives. Being healthy and around for family. We can do this. I also feel down often.. this post cheered me up mentally. I have 30 lbs left to lose, the hardest of all Ive had to lose. I used to be 240. I didnt use to workout so it definitely helps to but now its lack of self control that gets in the away a lot, even for no proper reason..
  • BethHockaday
    BethHockaday Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been on and off MFP over the years but recently re-prioritized my health. I spent part of 2022 & most of 2023 taking care of my husband’s serious health conditions, ignoring my own. His health was greatly improving but was killed in a tragic accident when we were on vacation October 2023. I retired early from work as my “Widow’s Brain” (it’s a real thing!), made working my intense job nearly impossible. I restarted MFP early this year as life is too short to not be healthy- tomorrow is never guaranteed! I have about 60 lbs to lose and am 10 lbs down so far. Consistency is key and MFP helps me stick to my goals. I sleep in my workout clothes so all I have to do in the morning is throw on my tennis shoes, grab my coffee (in a travel mug with a straw😂) and hop on the treadmill.

Good luck to you- we are all here if you need us!