Pink Warrior Navigating Change

Options
Mari0x
Mari0x Posts: 1 Member
edited April 4 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I'm Mari. Currently navigating the challenges of breast cancer treatment, I've noticed significant changes in my body, such as weight gain. In response, I've decided to prioritize my relationship with food by tracking my diet. Overeating has been a longstanding struggle for me, but I'm determined to address it with the help of tools like MyFitnessPal. My goal is to cultivate consistency and dedication on this journey toward improved health and well-being.

Replies

• Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Welcome... glad you're here
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    Options
    Hello, Mari, and welcome!

I'm also a breast cancer survivor: Stage III (locally advanced) breast cancer over 23 years ago, still NED (so far!) since the full course of treatment (surgery, chemo, radiation, thenTamoxifen/Arimedex for a total of 7.5 years).

Are you still in active treatment? If so, is your medical team aware of your weight management intentions? (I'm asking because my team didn't want me losing weight during treatment, but that could be situational.) Also, does your cancer center have a registered dietitian you can consult? That was quite helpful to me during treatment and preparing for post-treatment plans.

MFP can be a great helper with weight loss, if it suits a person's style. For sure, it was perfect for me. (I'm now in long-term maintenance at a healthy weight, after 30ish years of overweight/obesity and just under a year of loss.)

Wishing you success: The quality-of-life improvement is worth the effort, in my experience!