My Intro

Options
mserena293
mserena293 Posts: 1 Member
edited April 6 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone, I'm Serena, I'm 24 and my fitness journey started years ago. I struggle endlessly with discipline and motivation.

I started this journey at 180 lbs (I'm 5'4) and my goal is 135 lbs. I'm currently down to 155 lbs so only 20 more pounds to go. I keep trying to remind myself I'm halfway there but it's definitely felt difficult. Hoping I can reach my goal soon!

Feel free to add me as a friend on here, the journey has felt lonely for me as I have no support system around me. Definitely looking for an accountability partner!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Hello, Serena, and welcome to the MFP Community! Also, congratulations on your excellent progress: It sounds like you have enough discipline and motivation to do the job, since you've made it that far. :)

I started around your starting weight (183 in my case), lost for just under a year, and am now heading toward year 8 of maintaining a healthy weight, currently low 130s (after previous decades of overweight/obesity since I'm much older than you are ;) ).

You can do this: Slow and steady wins this race, and learning habits that will keep us at a healthy weight long term is a really powerful thing. Wishing you all the best!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Serena!