Coming back to weight loss, need friends for tough talk and support.

Options
Hi

I lost over 5 stone about 3 years ago using a rival food logging app (take a guess which one) but let myself slip massively and put back on 6.5 stone since then, i made an active decision to start losing weight and get fitter after being barely able to walk due to altitude and lack of fitness on a recent ski holiday, so here i am.

Im on day 3 of food logging and struggling without my usual sugary, savoury and chocolate snacks, the first weeks are always so hard.

I could do with some friends on here to keep me on track with support and tough talk when i need it, obviously i will return the favour.

Anyway, thanks for reading, add me as a friend if you can.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @drishanebrewery!

Are you living without any snacks now, or have you tried substituting for something else? Fruit has natural sugars, popcorn without butter can give a bit of crunch factor (and can be flavored with salt, garlic powder, chili powder, ranch powder, and lots more). Sometimes simply chewing on gum can keep the mouth busy with a chewing motion, which for some people is all they need.
  • gpoeti
    gpoeti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome @drishanebrewery , happy to add you. We can help keep each other accountable. I started my latest journey with 100lb to lose and do far have knocked 35lb off. It's slow going with many ups and downs but will get there in the end!

You're absolutely right about the first week's... cravings and "hunger" pangs as your body rebels against adjusting to a new eating routine. Hang in there!
  • GabbyvsObesity
    GabbyvsObesity Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll send a friend request