New…again

Options
Hi! I’ve been using MFP off and on for years. I had gotten really close to my “goal” weight of 175 (within 10lb) and felt so good and healthy. This was 2 years ago and then started gaining weight and overall feeling sluggish and exhausted. Lose motivation and was really struggling. Was diagnosed with Hashimotos and feel like I’ve been in a spiral since then. I had a total hip replacement in Oct ‘23 and am now back up to 235.
I’m really tired of feeling tired and know I need to start being active and mindful again and that’s why I’m here now. Wanted to find a group to hold myself accountable.
April goal is to log everything, food and movement and hope to see the scale show results
SW 235#
April loss goal -5#

Replies

• sunshine_101
    sunshine_101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it. My weight has gone back up and I’m trying to get it back down. I’ll check in to see how you’re doing. We got this!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums, @Lramon!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I am in a very similar boat. My goal weight is also 175 and I am currently 230. I got within 15 lbs of my goal back in 2021 and then life took a pretty crazy turn. I have been using MFP on and off since 2012 and I am back again to get focused and get these pounds off. Nice to virtually meet you. Good luck with everything!
  • jstrujillo005
    jstrujillo005 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 47 year old woman living in San Diego, California. I've lost the same 60 ish pounds over and over for the last 20 years. I've never tried to reach out to an online group, so this is super scary for me. I was ashamed of how much I gained and I always wanted to downplay it. Now I'm a type 2 diabetic and my doctor says I need to lose weight to help keep my blood sugar under control. I would love to meet people in the same boat!
  • jsjentz
    jsjentz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same boat. I have gained 10 pounds in the last 4 months and I need to get more disciplined. I get exercise 5 days a week usually but I need to straighten out my nutrition and cut emotional eating.

We can doooo this!!!