Not able to loose weight ?

Options
"Despite exercising daily for an hour, adopting intermittent fasting for the past three days, and maintaining a balanced diet with occasional homemade junk food, my weight remains unchanged at 69.70 kilograms. Any insights into why I'm not seeing any weight loss progress?"

Answers

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    yes to Lietchi, 3 days in don't expect much. You need to be eating at a deficit for sure. burn more calories than you take in. Early in the game don't eat ANY junk food/ Stay strict to the calorie and quality of calories and you will begin to lose weight.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,453 Member
    Options
    My main advice? Delete “expectations” and substitute “patience” into your plan.

There’s a thousand threads here like yours where people quit after a few days because expectations weren’t met.

There’s a thousand more where people succeeded by exercising patience.

Which side do you want to come down on?
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited April 16
    Options
    3 days is not even scratching the surface. Check back in a month.

It’s like that video of that guy gets on the scale at the gym does a few sets of weights and then get back on the scale again thinking he’s going to have lost weight already.

These things take time, sometimes a lot of time and definitely takes a lot of patience
  • springlering62
    Options

It’s like that video of that guy gets on the scale at the gym does a few sets of weights and then get back on the scale again thinking he’s going to have lost weight already.

Been there, done that!!!!! 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

I was the Queen of Expectations.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Classic case of calorie overestimation and expecting instant scale gratification... :)
  • springlering62
    edited April 16
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Classic case of calorie overestimation and expecting instant scale gratification... :)

If she’s only been at it a few days, she may be bang on for calories. It’s too soon to tell. Saying someone’s overestimating so early if they’re eating what’s been recommended could easily send someone into a binge and cut cycle. Her best bet is to take a deep breath, trust the process, and see where she stands after at least one monthly cycle (aka period, to be clear) , since depending on when she started this, her cycle could easily mask loss.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,390 Member
    Options
    3 days is not even scratching the surface. Check back in a month.

These things take time, sometimes a lot of time and definitely takes a lot of patience

I once managed to lose 2kg in 20 minutes activity! Beat that! I think I should market this somehow. I might get very, very rich. Though... I'm not good at ripping off people, so here you go: I lived in a country where it was 50C in the shade. I went out briefly, and went back inside. Result: 2kg lighter!