Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone using injectible weight loss meds ? (Ozempic, etc.)

124»

Answers

• Anahita2
    Anahita2 Posts: 1 Member
    Mellykay88 wrote: »
    I am a day away from my 3rd terzepatide shot and so far I'm really grateful that I gave myself a chance with this. I was here back in 2016 and lost over 200 lbs, but ended up with a terrible restrictive eating disorder which led to hospitalization. Following this I was in semi-recovery, but the binge eating disorder came roaring back during the pandemic and I regained all of the weight I lost, plus some. My mental health is better now, but when I got on the scale about 5 months ago and saw my highest weight yet I knew I had to change something. I redownloaded MFP and pretty quickly lost about 50 lbs. I wasn't binging as much anymore, but the other ED behaviors had started slipping in. The food noise was so loud and I knew I was headed towards disaster again. So, on a whim, I made an appointment with a doctor and a dietician and started terzepatide. I was so scared giving myself that first shot, but just a few hours later I noticed a difference. I'm on the lowest dose right now, so the food noise comes back around day 5, but the scale is moving again. I'm not restricting. I'm not binging. My dietician has helped me prioritize protein and fiber first, calories second, and this has been a game changer. I'm choosing not to listen to the negative folks saying this is cheating. I've been significantly obese since I was 2. I didn't start this and I will not be shamed for choosing to take a medication that makes this easier and safer for me and no one else should either.

This is exactly my story. I felt as if I was reading my autobiography.

I just took my 1st injection yesterday at 4pm. I'm now heavier than I've been in years but I'm hopeful.

I'm simply exhausted spending so much time thinking about this. Like you, I'd lost the weight but the food noise, and in my case, the body image noise had taken over my life. It was all I could think about.

I also spent time in an ED inpatient hospital from it all.

Thank you for your post.
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 46 Member
    Very interesting article about a less-expensive alternative to Ozempic, et al which according to one test works better. https://dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13820505/ozempic-supplement-skinny-jab-symbiotic-fat-burn.html
  • HappyDonkey75
    HappyDonkey75 Posts: 200 Member
    @baodell17724 - thanks for sharing.. interesting. I think the whole gut health is going to generate more and more research. I recently read something that they are now linking Parkinson's to the gut biome. I think with these medications and all the benefits that it is providing, we will start to see more and more development in this area.
  • Dreamroper
    Dreamroper Posts: 39 Member
    I have read all of the comments with interest and sympathy for those who struggle with food. I feel that whatever people can do to make their quality of life better is great. I will never judge others for being on a path I know nothing about. Good luck to everyone with their struggles.