Want to add my physical therapy routine to my diary where and how to find information on calories

Options
I am going to PT to alleviate issues with back pain while walking, which is pretty much this once daily:

15 beginner bridges
15 clam shells on each side
15 side lying hip abductions each side
30 standing hip abductions with counter/rail support
30 standing hip extensions with counter/rail support.

Last session they also had me do 30 back stretches with one of those huge exercise balls, but need to contact them on home version.

I know it's not much calories burned but I'd like to keep track in same app if possible and also in future know how to get the calorie and other data for other routines besides walking I may eventually add.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice!

Note: I'm also fighting an SSI case so paid solutions will not be best for me as they may not be possible.
Tagged:

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    I'd log it as yoga or at most the least-intense calisthenics, using the standard MFP exercise database entries:

"Stretching, hatha yoga"
    "Calisthenics, home, light/moderate effort"

If you use one of those, use the wall clock time to complete the whole sequence, but if you spend multi-minutes in there talking to the therapist or something (not working out), I'd back out those minutes. I wouldn't worry about the time it takes to move from one exercise to the next at a normal pace.

If you want to note which exercises you did on a particular day, you could list them in the "exercise notes" area.

I may be biased in that the PT exercise I've done (in multiple rounds of different-purpose PT) weren't very vigorous, other than (in one case) a fairly vigorous but very short arm-bike warm-up.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You can log the exercise as an aerobic exercise. Search for "strength training - weight lifting." Use the time you're doing the workout. It may not be an accurate estimation of your calorie burn - so instead you might look at "calisthenics."
  • ThomasSpychalski
    ThomasSpychalski Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'd log it as yoga or at most the least-intense calisthenics, using the standard MFP exercise database entries:

"Stretching, hatha yoga"
    "Calisthenics, home, light/moderate effort"

If you use one of those, use the wall clock time to complete the whole sequence, but if you spend multi-minutes in there talking to the therapist or something (not working out), I'd back out those minutes. I wouldn't worry about the time it takes to move from one exercise to the next at a normal pace.

If you want to note which exercises you did on a particular day, you could list them in the "exercise notes" area.

I may be biased in that the PT exercise I've done (in multiple rounds of different-purpose PT) weren't very vigorous, other than (in one case) a fairly vigorous but very short arm-bike warm-up.

Cheers, you're right they are not very intense, my walks are more intense lol.

But was curious how they could be added and if it was worth it...thanks for the info and the advice. :)
  • ThomasSpychalski
    ThomasSpychalski Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    You can log the exercise as an aerobic exercise. Search for "strength training - weight lifting." Use the time you're doing the workout. It may not be an accurate estimation of your calorie burn - so instead you might look at "calisthenics."

Thanks for the information! 🙂