Options
    May:
    AF: 10
    A: 14
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend as we remember all of our fallen heroes.

We lost our tennis match, which is a bummer, just a lot of errors on our part. My partner was having an off day and she kept apologizing, but honestly, no need, we all have off days!!!! We went for a quick drink afterwards.

Then hubby and I played 9 holes- and he didn’t book a cart! Ugh dude, I played tennis for two hours in the hot sun! Why are we walking??? Grrr. So dinner and one glass of wine.

I didn’t go over my alcohol limit, ate two salads with protein plus half a burger and some nuts…. And the freaking scale didn’t move! I must have burned 600 calories yesterday, and nothing. So frustrating.
    Sorry to hear you lost your tennis match. I hear ya on the scale not moving, especially after so much cardio exercise! I always figure it's water retention when I've played a round of golf and the scale doesn't move, especially in the heat.

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Yep, we all have off days @Womona. Great
    reminder.

On the exercise front……I didn’t expect to love the 29-minute circuit training class yesterday, but did. I haven’t used my muscles in these ways in years (13 different stations). Surprisingly it didn’t involve my neck or pulling anything out of whack! Will definitely rotate this new class.

On the alcohol front……changed my mind last night and had two glasses of white wine with a quiet evening searching online for new window shades.

AF tonight - babysitting grandkids!

Nice to see my 10 days finally! 😊 congrats to those who are making LA happen and encouragement to those who need it today.

AF - 10
    A - 9
    LA - 6
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @danikat15 I agree how LA can improve attitude! I notice this in myself as well. Great job on your AF goals.
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    AF = 20
    A = 6

Thanks for the hugs, @chicbuc. Very much needed lately.

No drinking today, but have been baking and cooking. I made Glazed Blueberry Rolls and Blueberry Whoopie Pies. My MIL bought a metric ton of frozen fruit and never ate it like she said she would. It’s taking up all kinds of space in my freezers, so I’m trying to use it up instead of throwing it away. I’m also slow cooking a brisket tonight for tomorrow’s family get-together It smells divine in my house right now!

Have a good night!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    12 - AF
    10 - A
    4 - LA
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    13 - AF
    10 - A
    4 - LA
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    edited May 28
    Options
    doccnm wrote: »
    My goal is to lose 10 lbs sensibly (I eat plant based and high protein), continue my activity level BUT eliminate beer drinking with the exception of 1 day/week when I will have 1 beer.

Does this make sense or should I go for total AF. I do not have problem drinking and rarely go past 1 beer BUT the alcohol is very high in these craft beers.

I chose to go entirely AF during my current weight loss effort because it allows for no excuses.

Your plan makes sense to me, as long as you're counting your cals & weighing yourself regularly (which recommend be done daily) & can stick with your commitment to just have 1 beer/wk.

It may take a bit longer for you to achieve your goal, even if you're only drinking 1 beer/wk, but you should achieve that goal eventually, as long as you are consistent in that effort.

Good luck! :)