Options
    14 - AF
    10 - A
    4 - LA
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited May 29
    Options
    I was craving every pasta and cracker known to man yesterday, for no reason I could discern! I had a tennis drill yesterday, and maybe I was just hungry. My weight continues to creep up, ugh.

Now onto alcohol- nothing at the party on Monday, but I did have one glass of normal wine when I got home. Last night I had two of low alcohol wine, but I think I need to ratchet that down to just one glass. I know I’d lose so much more weight if I just cut it out entirely, and I just can’t get there yet!!!! I really struggle with the question of should I rack up AF days, or just accept and budget for a glass of wine per day? I don’t think there is any wrong answer here.
  • doccnm
    doccnm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    doccnm wrote: »
    My goal is to lose 10 lbs sensibly (I eat plant based and high protein), continue my activity level BUT eliminate beer drinking with the exception of 1 day/week when I will have 1 beer.

Does this make sense or should I go for total AF. I do not have problem drinking and rarely go past 1 beer BUT the alcohol is very high in these craft beers.

I chose to go entirely AF during my current weight loss effort because it allows for no excuses.

Your plan makes sense to me, as long as you're counting your cals & weighing yourself regularly (which recommend be done daily) & can stick with your commitment to just have 1 beer/wk.

It may take a bit longer for you to achieve your goal, even if you're only drinking 1 beer/wk, but you should achieve that goal eventually, as long as you are consistent in that effort.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for your feedback. And I agree it is better to be AF while trying to lose weight. I needed that comment and I posted it on my board.
    I do log my cals/workouts and I do weigh myself but not every day.
    I lift as heavy as I can 4 days/week rotating from legs/glutes/hams to biceps/back to chest triceps. I walk everyday between 3-5 miles. I play golf most days but only 9 holes (too hot here in Fl right now).
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    We do have today to turn things around, yesterday is past!

SO MUCH YES!!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited May 29
    Options
    05/28/2024: AF Diet - Day 58 - Special Report

Well, I had a surprising 1.9" weight drop since yesterday and my weight today was 157.9; one tenth # below my adjusted goal weight of 158.

My weight will probably bounce back up a bit from this weight but since I've already achieved my adjusted weight loss goal of 158 but now I've gotta decide what to do about starting to drink alcohol again.

I'm going to stay AF until the end of my 8th week of reporting which ends on 06/03/2024 to get a full week's baseline.

Then I'll see what happens over the next few weeks, if I limit my intake to 1 glass of wine (or one 2 oz shot of booze) per day and continue to count cals & weigh myself daily.

I previously was drinking as much as 3-4 glasses of wine (and/or 1-2 shots of booze per day but I wasn't cal counting to see how much that was contributing to my weight.

Not exactly the kind of alcohol monitoring that you all are doing here but it will be a lot less alcohol intake for me than before
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    May:
    AF: 10
    A: 18
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    @doccnm welcome to the group! I think your plan to stick to just one beer/wk sounds sensible, of course totally abstaining will get a few more calories out of your diet over the course of a month or two.

I've been cutting back, but think that totally quitting might be the best way for me to get my weight loss on the move again (it's been pretty stuck around 151-153). I know that when I don't drink I lose more.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    05/28/2024: AF Diet - Day 58 - Special Report

Well, I had a surprising 1.9" weight drop since yesterday and my weight today was 157.9; one tenth # below my adjusted goal weight of 158.

My weight will probably bounce back up a bit from this weight but since I've already achieved my adjusted weight loss goal of 158 but now I've gotta decide what to do about starting to drink alcohol again.

I'm going to stay AF until the end of my 8th week of reporting which ends on 06/03/2024 to get a full week's baseline.

Then I'll see what happens over the next few weeks, if I limit my intake to 1 glass of wine (or one 2 oz shot of booze) per day and continue to count cals & weigh myself daily.

I previously was drinking as much as 3-4 glasses of wine (and/or 1-2 shots of booze per day but I wasn't cal counting to see how much that was contributing to my weight.

Not exactly the kind of alcohol monitoring that you all are doing here but it will be a lot less alcohol intake for me than before

Congrats on getting to your goal a little faster than you planned! That’s fantastic, and so inspiring.

As for future drinking, I’m sure you’ll find your tolerance has gone way down. Just from my own experience, if you stick to one drink per day, really stay on top of that because it very, very easily jumps up to 2 or more. Ask me how I know! I’d recommend still being vigilant about your calories, logging and exercise. But man, so impressive that you stuck to your plan and got to your goal!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    15 - AF
    10 - A
    4 - LA
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    AF = 23
    A = 6

Hubby drank a large margarita tonight at dinner very quickly and without having food yet. He’s asleep now.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    May:
    AF: 10
    A: 19
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,989 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    Congrats on getting to your goal a little faster than you planned! That’s fantastic, and so inspiring.

As for future drinking, I’m sure you’ll find your tolerance has gone way down. Just from my own experience, if you stick to one drink per day, really stay on top of that because it very, very easily jumps up to 2 or more. Ask me how I know! I’d recommend still being vigilant about your calories, logging and exercise. But man, so impressive that you stuck to your plan and got to your goal!

Thanks!

I agree that it's all to easy to go from 1 drink to 2 or more, which is why I went AF to begin with.

My thinking is still evolving but, at the moment, I'm planning to limit myself to 1 glass of 5 oz of wine/day, nursing it through both lunch & dinner and not refilling it if I empty it before day's end.

I use to also drink a 2oz shot of bourbon or scotch on top of or in lieu of the wine that I drank but I'm going to avoid doing so while I'm still working out how much wine & can drink w/o gaining weight.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @Womona I tried the Cupcake lighthearted Chardonnay this week and found it very appealing. I mean for 80 calories and 8% alcohol I will buy again! Had one glass last night.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    Hello all you LESS alcohol peeps!

Can it really be the last day of May? YES is the answer to that. If you began May with higher-than-expected goals and did not achieve them to the fullest, do not worry.

Each day you log into MFP and come to this page proves you are trying to have LESS alcohol in your life, and that is a huge plus.

Thank you all for participating and so now we move on to another month tomorrow to continue our quest.

Click the link below to LESS Alcohol ~JUNE 2024~ one day at a time
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10916641/less-alcohol-june-2024-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1