Rejecting

The

🍪

Pop-up?

Replies

• ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    They won’t allow me to post pictures or talk about this in a normal way. I keep rejecting it and it keeps popping up after every page turn.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,582 Member
    Options
    Not a clue what you mean, lol, although my gutter-mind strays to things other than cookies?
  • springlering62
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhh you mean the reset/accept the cookies every time you go to the boards.

😂😂😂

I’ve really shamed myself, haven’t I?!
  • ddsb1111
    edited May 9
    Options
    Hahaha! They’re censoring everything I say so it’s hard to explain.

There’s a required, functional, and target 🍪🍪 (the image is the word) pop up. I reject them every time, and the next page it pops up again. I think they just don’t want me to reject them. Maybe I’m the only one getting it?
  • springlering62
    edited May 9
    Options
    mFP is the only site I accept them on and I still get it. It just started a couple of days ago. I figure they’re tweaking the site so I’m rolling with it a few days before I get aggravated.

Ever since spending time in Europe, I get the European version on every site I visit, which is excessively annoying. I guess they think I’m on VPN versus being a traveler. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhh you mean the reset/accept the cookies every time you go to the boards.

😂😂😂

I’ve really shamed myself, haven’t I?!

Yes exactly!!! No shame in your game, believe me! 😂🤣😂
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    mFP is the only site I accept them on and I still get it. It just started a couple of days ago. I figure they’re tweaking the site so I’m rolling with it a few days before I get aggravated.

Ever since spending time in Europe, I get the European version on every site I visit, which is excessively annoying. I guess they think I’m on VPN versus being a traveler. 🤦🏻‍♀️

You’d think it would be consistent with your login. That’s bananas.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,012 Member
    edited May 9
    Options
    Try a different b r o w s e r. (spaces are for combatting that *kitten* issue.) If I name it sometimes it gets auto-deleted.

I don't see ads or pop-ups other than that Oreo one at sign in. . .and prompts me because I've got my b r o w s e r set to Private mode so I have no Oreos following me from page to page.

You might be able to disable it at your setting level ..or use a diff b r o w s e r.
  • ddsb1111
    edited May 9
    Options
    I don't see ads or pop-ups other than that Oreo one at sign in. . .and prompts me because I've got my b r o w s e r set to Private mode so I have no Oreos following me from page to page.

This is the one I get constantly. Almost every time a change the page. It pops up and makes me remove the auto settings to allow the 🍪 or Oreos or whatever 😂 As if to say, “I think you WANT us to track and sell your information” lol. I’m on the app. Hopefully it’s a glitch and accepts my request.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,389 Member
    Options
    I've literally never seen that, as far as I know.

I'm Android, premium on the app side; Chrome on Microsoft OS on the browser side. I just tried getting into the Community in MS Edge, and don't see it there, either . . . whatever it is you're talking about. I'm in the US, FWIW.
  • ddsb1111
    edited May 9
    Options
    It’s letting me post the pic now-

I have to decline it every time I change pages on the app. It creates multiple delays so a nuisance, but that’s about it. I've almost accidentally clicked save and exit multiple times though (with the options turned on), which isn’t what I want.

yi1sqc7jbc8i.jpeg
    bp3m2avy3ewj.jpeg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,389 Member
    Options
    Did you see the post about it here?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10915036/cookies#latest

Sounds like you're not the only one.
  • ddsb1111
    edited May 9
    Options
    @AnnPT77 Dang your good! Thanks for sharing the link.

Judging from the other thread, I have to turn on cookies for MFP to remember I chose the options not to save and share my cookies. It’s a conundrum.
  • springlering62
    Options
    I’m also now frequently getting a login screen, the one with the attaboy graph that looks like the big smiley face, and another one I’m blanking on, besides the Oreo one.

And MFP is absolutely draining my battery for some reason.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,729 Member
    edited May 9
    Options
    Try a different b r o w s e r. (spaces are for combatting that *kitten* issue.) If I name it sometimes it gets auto-deleted.

You might be able to disable it at your setting level ..or use a diff b r o w s e r.

What the *kitten* bleep are you kids talking about? I use a browser and I toss my cookies all day long!? And nobody asks me anything? Maybe I've just accepted all my cookies sometime in the past? I probably would have said yes to MFP. Mind you that's on the desktop web browser version. Nobody asked anything about cookies in recent memory as far as I can recall!

Maybe it is an A-B test?

No issues here... YET.

Hmmm..... reading a bit more.... never-mind... fairly sure I would have accepted essential cookies at the very least... and rejected whatever else I could
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,012 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

What the *kitten* bleep are you kids talking about? I use a browser and I toss my cookies all day long!? And nobody asks me anything? Maybe I've just accepted all my cookies sometime in the past? I probably would have said yes to MFP. Mind you that's on the desktop web browser version. Nobody asked anything about cookies in recent memory as far as I can recall!

Maybe it is an A-B test?

No issues here... YET.

Hmmm..... reading a bit more.... never-mind... fairly sure I would have accepted essential cookies at the very least... and rejected whatever else I could

I my case, it gives me the pop-up about cookies only when I log in, which is daily.

I said "Yes" to it at one point hoping it would go away forever, but since I have my browser set to "Private Browsing" and I also have cookies cleared every time I log out - it thinks it's never asked me every time. :lol:
  • ddsb1111
    edited May 10
    Options

I tried both, so far no change 😩

I said "Yes" to it at one point hoping it would go away forever, but since I have my browser set to "Private Browsing" and I also have cookies cleared every time I log out - it thinks it's never asked me every time. :lol:

I’m thinking it’s the private settings but it’s never done this before, what gives MFP? Obvs gonna suck it up cause I love y’all too much and my weigh-in’s this Saturday.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Apple OS and same.
    Been asking about those Oreo and gluten free chocolate dipped 🍪🍪🍪🍪 for a couple days now.

Annoying. But I just accept it and keep going.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    I’m also now frequently getting a login screen, the one with the attaboy graph that looks like the big smiley face, and another one I’m blanking on, besides the Oreo one.

Huh. I've been having battery issues lately. I read the forums on my computer and log on either that or my phone, depending. Will try closing the app on my phone when not using that to see if that helps.

Re the Oreos, I only get that message after clearing my cache, which I'm not currently doing very often. I'm not private browsing.
  • ddsb1111
    edited May 10
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Huh. I've been having battery issues lately. I read the forums on my computer and log on either that or my phone, depending. Will try closing the app on my phone when not using that to see if that helps.

Re the Oreos, I only get that message after clearing my cache, which I'm not currently doing very often. I'm not private browsing.

Yep, battery problems here as well, more than usual. I thought it was Batterygate Scandal 2.0. Didn’t occur to me it might be MFP related.