Introduction

Options
My name is Jeremy. I’m 42 and motivated to lose a lot of body fat. No tricks, or shortcuts. I want to do this the right way, and hold myself accountable. SW 400, CW 375. Let’s do something we’ve never done before.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jeremy!
  • johng10312
    johng10312 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeramey. I am John. I just joined as well and looking to lose over 100 pounds. How are you doing?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,468 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jeremy, and welcome!

Congratulations on losing that first 25 pounds: That's wonderful. It sounds like you've made good progress on dialing in some new habits.

I like that "no tricks or shortcuts" statement. IMO, too many people arrive here with a "lose weight fast" mentality, adopt very restrictive eating rules and punitively intense exercise . . . then disappear pretty fast. I hope that means they've been ultra-successful, but I have my doubts. There's a lot to be said for a sustainable, moderate routine. (That seems to be a common approach among folks here who've lost weight and are maintaining the loss longer-term.)

Wishing you success!
  • JeremyM0510
    JeremyM0510 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Hi, Jeremy, and welcome!

Congratulations on losing that first 25 pounds: That's wonderful. It sounds like you've made good progress on dialing in some new habits.

I like that "no tricks or shortcuts" statement. IMO, too many people arrive here with a "lose weight fast" mentality, adopt very restrictive eating rules and punitively intense exercise . . . then disappear pretty fast. I hope that means they've been ultra-successful, but I have my doubts. There's a lot to be said for a sustainable, moderate routine. (That seems to be a common approach among folks here who've lost weight and are maintaining the loss longer-term.)

Wishing you success!

Thank you. I’ve lost weight before and that is really helpful. I know it’s not gonna come off overnight. It’s a long process. Especially at 42, it’s not like it was at 29 lol