Any pointers I should know about?

Options
My start weight was 232lbs in 2023 when I joined. I use a dietary supplement called TeaBurn, once daily, do minimal exercises like dance, and therapy exercises, for an injury to my thoracic disc in upper spine.
My weight is down to 213lbs, I'm having trouble losing more weight, I've done everything on this app, I don't eat junk food, I'm on pulmonary diet to stay away from sugar and salt. How do I lose more weight? I'm staying at 1350 calories or less,...What am I doing wrong? Any help please, I need to lose more weight for health reasons. Please help if you can... Much appreciated 😊

Replies

• wm3796
    wm3796 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You likely need to be more stringent on your food diary and logging. Make sure you are using a food scale and not just eyeballing portions. Be sure to include all oils, sauces, etc and even small handfuls of nuts, crackers, etc can add up calories that I often didn’t realize. I found that greatly limiting eating out helped since you never really know how much added calories from oils, sauces ,dressings are included which can add several hundred calories quickly. It can be very easy to be off significantly on calories and food logging if not weighing all foods we eat. Good luck. If you tighten up your logging and ensure your calorie count everyday you should start losing again.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    You're taking in more calories than you think on a weekly basis. That amount every day consistently and the weight would be falling off
  • K4life1981
    K4life1981 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have hit a plateau so you have to change something. I would track in macros moreso than calories. How often are you eating each day? Can you lift heavier weights or increase resistance? Your body is used to what you're doing now so you have to trick it. Hope this helps.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    I note that you have mentioned a back injury. It makes me wonder if you might not be moving as much as someone else with the same stats does. That could account for your weight loss stall.

Do you have a step tracker or exercise tracker? If so, you can estimate the number of calories you use up walking daily.
    It is my understanding that My Fitness Pal assumes 3000 steps when you set your plan up as “sedentary”

Myself, I typically get under 500 steps a day. The difference between 500 and 3000 steps represents a significant amount of calories for me. (this might not apply to you)

These links might help

Calories per steps calculator

https://www.omnicalculator.com/sports/steps-to-calories

TDEE calculator

https://tdeecalculator.net/

Or

https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
    This one has a setting for lower than typical daily activity, found at a toggle on the left if I remember correctly.

If those calculators show that the calorie count you have set for yourself should result in weight loss, then the issue is likely that you are not measuring your intake accurately.