I need a pro tip for online dietitian/nutritionist (US only)

Options
Hi! I've been doing gym and some cardio for 5 months, but I feel like I'm always improvising in the kitchen and it's messing with my progress. I hate guessing with my meals, so I want some legit help. Anyone know where I can find good online nutritionists that aren't scams or super generic?

So far, the best tip I've gotten was from a coworker about these nutrition appointments (called Nutrium something) included in my Gympass benefit. Anybody have any feedback on this?
Tagged:

Answers

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,810 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum so you ask questions here as a starting point.

Super generic is not a bad thing as nutrition isn’t that complicated however many nutritionists make things complicated trying to seem overly knowledgeable
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    One approach that may work for you is to be systematic with your eating. In other words, you make something for breakfast, lunch, dinner.............know what the macro/micros and calories are, then eat the same thing each day. While it may get boring, it takes the guess work out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    In the US, look for a Registered Dietitian rather than a nutritionist. You can probably get a referral from your doctor and possibly have it covered by health insurance.

I get my healthcare from the VA and have been offered and accepted numerous consultations with RD. However, I've gotten more value from the forums here on MFP.

Here's a great start: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1
  • ppereira_93
    ppereira_93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I talked more with my colleague and got motivated to give it a try. Gympass has a big list of available dietitians, so I was able to schedule an appointment for the same day, and honestly, I’m a fan so far.

She was super practical and moderate with her recommendations, and with their app (Nutrium), I can chat with her any time. Last night, I found myself messaging her while shopping because I had some doubts to clear up. Basically, I’ve found what I was looking for!