Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Losing Newsfeed - OK. But what about Food Diary, Exercise, Reports, etc.

Options
Machka9
Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/26953529858317-Retiring-the-Newsfeed-feature-by-the-end-of-June-2024

We're losing the Newsfeed which is all right because not many of us used it. It has always been kind of a duplicate of the Community Forum, and mine is full of automatic posts when someone closed their diary for the day or did some exercise.

But more importantly, will we still have access to the Food Diary, Exercise Log, Reports, etc.?

Also, will our new profiles have a Goals area?
That's something I'd like to see ... Food and Exercise Goals. Whether the goal is to lose a certain amount of weight, or drink a certain amount of water in a day, or consume a certain number of carbs, or cycle a certain distance or whatever.

I'd like to see reports and progress bars as we move toward our goal.

I'd like to see challenges similar to what Strava has ... some exercise ones like walking 50 km in a month, or exercising 15 minutes a day each day of a month, etc., and some diet ones like logging each day of a month.

These things would make MFP more interactive and motivational.
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Machka9
    Options
    @Betty ... see the original post. :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    When will our new profile/activity area be finished. I see it is under construction. Can the things I mentioned in my original post here be added?
    Thanks!
    @Betty
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 996 Member
    edited May 28
    Options
    I use it daily.

Disagree that the newsfeed is a duplicate of the community forum.

The newsfeed is private, community forum is public.

The newsfeed is a personal hub to see all of your friends achievements, posts, comments in one central, personal location.— The community forum requires that you input each friend’s screen names one by one to communicate. If you have 80 friends… that’s a ludicrous amount of time and wholly inefficient.
    These things would make MFP more interactive and motivational

Many users are flagging that their newsfeeds are already highly interactive and motivational. This is the essence of the support pal user experience and why so many will miss it. It’s been the most positive impact of the app experience for them.
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,856 MFP Staff
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/26953529858317-Retiring-the-Newsfeed-feature-by-the-end-of-June-2024

We're losing the Newsfeed which is all right because not many of us used it. It has always been kind of a duplicate of the Community Forum, and mine is full of automatic posts when someone closed their diary for the day or did some exercise.

But more importantly, will we still have access to the Food Diary, Exercise Log, Reports, etc.?

That's something I'd like to see ... Food and Exercise Goals. Whether the goal is to lose a certain amount of weight, or drink a certain amount of water in a day, or consume a certain number of carbs, or cycle a certain distance or whatever.

I'd like to see challenges similar to what Strava has ... some exercise ones like walking 50 km in a month, or exercising 15 minutes a day each day of a month, etc., and some diet ones like logging each day of a month.

Sorry for the delay @Machka9, I've been trying to get caught up on tags.
    • You will still have access to the Food Diary, Exercise Log, Reports, etc.
    • We do have the option to add some fields to the Community Profiles (like goals or other freeform about me fields). I'll make it an action item to create poll to see if there is interest in that and what y'all would like to see.
    • As for things like new or updated reports and progress bars, I think that's a great idea and will pass it along to the product teams.
    • I think challenges are fun too and can also pass along that suggestion.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »

Sorry for the delay @Machka9, I've been trying to get caught up on tags.
    • You will still have access to the Food Diary, Exercise Log, Reports, etc.
    • We do have the option to add some fields to the Community Profiles (like goals or other freeform about me fields). I'll make it an action item to create poll to see if there is interest in that and what y'all would like to see.
    • As for things like new or updated reports and progress bars, I think that's a great idea and will pass it along to the product teams.
    • I think challenges are fun too and can also pass along that suggestion.

@Betty ... Thank you very much!! :)

It would be great if we could be a bit more interactive with our new profiles with the goals, reports, progress bars, and challenges. :smiley:

Regarding the About Me field, it appears on the new profile, but I haven't figured out how to do anything with it yet.

d9bmni1b2c1i.png

• Machka9
    Options
    Now that changes are underway, I am looking forward to seeing the development in our new profile areas.