Today needs to be my day 1

Options
I weighed myself this morning, I knew that I was gaining but my jaw dropped when I saw that number. I thought to myself it's no wonder why 4 year old asked me if I had a baby in my belly. I am carrying around my middle mostly, but I have extra inches all around, nothing fits like I want it to and I gaze at my closet in longing and regret as I want to wear so much of what I have but nothing will fit and I just rehang it away saying, "another day." This needs to be my first day back and I do not want to quit. I want to be a parent that is able to keep up with my 4 and 2 year old. I need to set a better example. I love "healthy" food (I think all good is good food) but moderation is my struggle. So I am back after 7 years away from this app. When I started it was just to be more mindful of my food choices but I need to learn about my food choices and take care of myself. My kids have one mom and I want to be the best I can for them and me. Here's to day and all the tomorrows. Please friend me/ follow me and let's encourage each other.

-runningscarlet

Replies

• craftysloth85
    craftysloth85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I got a comment like that from a coworker a few years back! While it's great to make healthy choices, I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. I think a lot of women have gotten similar comments no matter what our weights are. Think of tabloid speculations over which celebrities might be pregnant! Just want to make you feel better because I know those comments can be real doozies - even from a four year old.

I can definitely relate to your struggles in moderation! I'm trying to take things slow and steady after returning to the app after about the same amount of time. I got married six years ago and. Well. Need I say more? Hahahah.

Sent you a friend request if you're interested in cheering each other on!
  • Mountainlove
    Mountainlove Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 28
    Options
    I‘m back, too. Weighed myself this afternoon after thinking I wasn‘t feeling as fit as I had…and sure enough, the inches in middle section are not my imagination. Apparently, even though I run 4+ miles a day, I can still gain weight. 🤪😂 🤪😂 🤪😂 Here I am!

PS: if I can figure out how to friend you (or whatever it’s called here) I’ll do it.