Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    (((Rori))) I m sorry about your friend!
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Jenn ~ Good thoughts and prayers for your son! Hope you get a dr. appt. soon.

Machka ~ It was interesting how you compared your desire to keep things organized and your husband like everything out in the opening. It made me realize that my husband and I have the same problem. I want everything to have a specific space and he spreads everything out wherever. Drives me nuts! :)

Rori ~ Writing a eulogy must have been so difficult for you as you thought about all the memories you and your friend had.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,719 Member
    Options
    Pip - love those bunnies and all of the neat improvements you and Kirby have made at your place. I think you should be featured in "Sunset" Magazine. And by the way, we're darn lucky to have YOU and your boot! :#:p

Heather - so very happy to hear your hip is not hurting at rest now. Glad you are home.

Jenn - hope you can get your son in to the doc quickly and crossing fingers his symptoms are no cause for alarm.

Lisa - Pink lemonade blueberries are delicious. Hope your bush makes it through the summer and gives you a nice crop next year!

The rain and wind continue. It was a good day today.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Awww thanks, your comments and other comments made me smile, you guys are so sweet.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    @Pip, I noticed succulents in a container beside your bunnies. Do you keep them year round or get new in the Spring? If you keep them, where do you keep them each Winter? Just curious…. I love your edgings and plants. I miss that while living in this RV. DH and I are talking about selling the RV and moving to a rental or rent to buy house. The search begins!

RVRita in Roswell where the temps will be over 100 all week! Early this year!!

That one you see by the bunnies I got from OfferUp for 10-15 bucks. I have them all out year round, I’m new to this gardening thing. In Washington, we even look at a plant, it dies, we have no thumb at all. Here this succulent thing is popular cuz of the heat, so far so good.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,360 Member
    Options
    HUGS for Vicki. <3 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in June 3, 2024

Rita in Roswell, NM - Lost almost 4 pounds this week! I knew last week was water!

Sue in WA State - Still maintaining weight. wish I could get it moving downward again. Doing well with exercise even though I only made it to water exercise once this past week. Did extra strength and balance workout instead. Started with the SnoreLab this week and have completed it 3 nights. Interesting insights. I am anxious to see the more long-term results. Return to dentist June 25.

Barbara on the Southern Oregon Coast - For the month so far, obviously need Pip's boot. ;{ Better than yesterday: PT-Knees 1 of 2 PT-Shoulder 1 of 2 Steps 1 of 2 CI/CO 1 of 2 Sugar 0 of 2

Debbie in Napa Valley, CA - down one more pound. Was hoping for a bit more after yesterday but down is good. 148.0 this morning.

Lanette SW WA State – weight continues to hold steady in desired range. Lower carb (eliminating sugar, “white” starches) eating plan going well. Unsalted nuts instead of sugary snacks is working for me.

• pipcd34
    Options
    Updated stats-

1st outside ride w/new bike- 1hr 58min 21sec, 267elev, 12.8amph, 57aw, 126ahr, 152mhr, 25.34mi= 902c
    Strava app= 451c
    Walk to stores and back- 17.04min, 2.62ap, .81mi= 95c
    Strava app = 100c

Total cal 997
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,532 Member
    Options
    Hello, my dears,

Woke up from a badly needed nap to a barrage of thunder rumbling through the Arkansas River Valley... lots and lots of rain, of course, sweeping in right behind it and with it. Made me realize how lucky I am that I don't live in a war-torn country on the other side of the world where a "barrage" is something completely different. I am so truly grateful to live here.

Vicki - Many hugs, dear heart.

Rori - Hugs headed your way as you send your eulogy off for your friend.

Heather - The roses are lovely. Nice gesture from your friends and nice help from John!

Machka - I had a couple of those fugue states during some of the absolute worst days of the illness. Few things scarier than finding your body has done things unconsciously or subconsciously without engaging your mind or memory. You're under a lot of stress, lady. Time to take a few breaths and stop for a day or two to regroup, maybe?

The X-rays were quick and easy, then dropped a box off at the Goodwill, and a few other errands and home again. Tired, no yoga, just the nap. Day off from medical stuff tomorrow, but more rain coming, then the gyno on Wednesday.

Hope it's been a good day...
    Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    well, the #1 priority on my list for today has been accomplished. I caught the fourth/last kitten and brought it in. It is hiding in the kitty playpen while the three others have some play time outside of the playpen(in the living room)-getting exercise.

I put them back in and they didn't even notice the new sibling- when they did it was very simple, a few sniffs and it went back under the fuzzy bed. Son did reach in and pet it. It was ok with it.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,185 Member
    Options
    I haven't felt like I have been under a lot of stress but there is a lot going on with work and the house. Maybe I have a relatively high level of stress tolerance because of the past 6 years that I don't feel stressed ... but I am.

I also haven't exercised as much as usual, especially not my upper body.

I had a serious case of DOMs yesterday!

Anyway, happily, I slept much better last night and feel better this morning.

M in Oz