Why are they taking the newsfeed away?

Options

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,354 Member
    Options
    ruthjac wrote: »
    What’s even more maddening is as I read through so many great comments and outrage to the newsfeed stoppage where subscribers were communicating with family members over many years like myself. I also noted that MFP mogels claim that the newsfeed was not used very much. That is a flat out LIE! I believe the newsfeed was taking up too much disk space and this is a cost saving and tech salvation issue as they are loading up more and more realtime interactions within the diary space of comments and reactions to diary entries. In my experience as a professional health care provider their comments inserted into diary entries are elementary, inaccurate and a nuisance. .

You can turn off their 'insights' in the diary settings :smile:
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Wow what a shame. There is zero point in having MFP friends anymore, or being encouraged by MFP friends encouraging you. They say it is because no one is using it anymore, but if they hadn't made it more difficult to see your feed in the first place (when they changed the layout) it would get used way more. I'm going to check out this other app people are talking about. If I can still log my food reliably there, I'm saying goodbye to MFP too, after NINE YEARS.
  • Dianaemer
    Dianaemer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just logged in today and couldn’t find the Newsfeed 🤯😱😤🤬 This is horrendous. I love the newsfeed. It’s literally what motivated me to literally log in. Might as well cancel my subscription now as I’m no longer going to be motivated to log in.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Are you guys just waking up? We have all transitioned to Lose It
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    @NormInv well no one mentioned it in my feed I can't see anymore (on my phone - I can see the one on my PC for now) and I didn't think to check the community until today lol. Will go check out Lose It now...thanks for the suggestion.
  • gonoles9987
    gonoles9987 Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 9
    Options
    Why are you guys taking the news feed away? I like the news feed when it posts how much weight I've lost and when I've done exercise and completed my food diary. I loved mfp the way it was. Why can't you just put it back the way it was with the news feed and how much weight lost on the homepage?
  • jamerican23
    jamerican23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I can’t see if someone responds if I log in or my friends mentions any things help
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    The powers that be at MFP took away the news feed
  • Pir8au
    Pir8au Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    After the update on the android app, .I can't see how my friends are doing. Like if the did an exercise, or lost weight, and daily streaks. It's was a way to praise the and encourage them. Please tell me where to find that page again. If it was removed please bring it back

Thank you
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,354 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    It was removed.
  • stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    I have iPhone. I can’t create a new thread. All I can do is respond to existing threads
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 146 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Why can't we support our friends anymore? That's part of our losing process.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    stiggymt wrote: »
    I have iPhone. I can’t create a new thread. All I can do is respond to existing threads

@stiggymt You should see a blue circle with a plus sign at the bottom right. Tap on it and it should give a a choice of new discussion, new poll, and something else. Just make sure you tap on the circle when you’re on a screen you can make new posts from.