Why are they taking the newsfeed away?

Options

Answers

• MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 376 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    There is an Activity Feed; however, you have to go to the Community page and then click on your user name underneath your photo. The Activity Feed is now a public forum; but not sure how that works.
  • mlwhite58
    mlwhite58 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Dropping Newsfeed absolutely ticks me off. It was a quick way for me to connect with what folks I follow are doing. Now you expect me to go through multiple other steps just to see any others, if they want to participate in such additional setup, etc. Thanks for nothing! I really don't like having that readily viewable with one action on my part as opposedto this weeklyupdatebusinesswhere i have to open multiple links and then scroll to the bottom of the final"page" in that sequence. BTW, the replacement PLANS "button" is useless for me.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply Lietchi, I appreciate it. :)
    May I ask then how do we see our friends progress if the newsfeed is no longer there?

With great difficulty. MFP tried to promote this:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10915268/welcome-to-your-activity-feed#latest

But it's not even close to a replacement of the newsfeed.

Not only is it not even close, it doesn't even work properly, this is what I get when I follow the instructions there (note I have no activity bit)

93229cp6quqa.png

• __Di__
    edited June 27
    Options
    Why did MfFP remove the feed?! Clearly, as I read these comments, it was an important feature. I want to keep up with my actual pals, not message forums! Now, we can’t support each other in our journey. Also, I liked seeing the articles there. I’ve been with MFP for nine years. I’m at maintenance, so now maybe it’s time to part ways. I hate to give up my nine year history, but the fact that they don’t care what we want is really disturbing.

100% in agreement, absolutely ludicrous decision they made. I used to love when I would lose weight and it would say "Di has lost **** lbs so far!" or something along those lines, now it doesn't do that, I can't see any friends' progress or their logged exercise, they can't see mine. It is meant to be MyFitness PAL, not sure where the word "pal" comes in now.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,354 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Did you post the wrong screenshot perhaps? The next step is clicking on either your profile picture or your user name.
  • __Di__
    edited June 27
    Options
    The line in MFP's blog re WHY they removed the newsfeed is ridiculous, I quote:

"The Newsfeed is a rarely used feature." - what the hell are they on about, the newsfeed is accessed when the person logs on, so how do they work out it was rarely used???

How would they know it was "rarely used", was there a questionnaire that went out to all members then, if there was, I didn't see it....

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    __Di__ wrote: »
    The line in MFP's blog re WHY they removed the newsfeed is ridiculous, I quote:

"The Newsfeed is a rarely used feature." - what the hell are they on about, the newsfeed is accessed when the person logs on, so how do they work out it was rarely used???

How would they know it was "rarely used", was there a questionnaire that went out to all members then, if there was, I didn't see it....

*sigh*

Morning coffee just isn’t the same these days.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,350 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Only one group, private and very small, has any activity.

With all my ranting and raving regarding --MFP "Groups" are broken-- this is one inspiring sign of life. Thanks.

A few very verbose and consistent people who write here in the community forums conflate "threads or groups" and " threads/groups," and they know better. There seems to be some need for willful ignorance. I'd challenge them to acknowledge, as you have, that they are involved regularly in even one small group. (I have my suspicions)

Unlike Newsfeeds I'd be on my chair clapping and agreeing if the MFP company announced. "Groups is a rarely used feature." so we are going to dramatically change it. If they deleted Groups very few would mind, and if they made a very mild changes like "delete all groups where not a single member of that group has logged into MFP in the last five years." that would probably remove more than half.

Lastly, thanks again. I'm in a small group (about four people, as one just left MFP). So between us two active longtime MFP users there is that.
  • jamerican23
    jamerican23 Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Wow MFP after 14 yrs oh well thank you.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    I’ve logged in here daily for 12 years and I’ve been friends with people here for all that time and now I can’t see them on my feed anymore. I’m devastated!
  • AdeEolas
    AdeEolas Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    I can only agree with all the comments, but done by developers who have obviously no idea about the App is used or the different demographics that are using it. BTW: in the German speaking Community the comments are just the same, but in German, but even that does not matter as the developers are clearly not reading the comments, or, just ignoring them. Read the sign 😉
  • __Di__
    edited June 27
    Options
    I’ve logged in here daily for 12 years and I’ve been friends with people here for all that time and now I can’t see them on my feed anymore. I’m devastated!

Same here, had a couple of name changes, but it's been 12 years here too. I don't want to have to wade through clicking this, clicking that to get to some group. I used to just like logging in to MFP and it would straight away take me to my newsfeed, no mucking about, just straight to the point. Oh well, they are not going to change their minds, they obviously think they know better. It is just a shame they don't listen to those that actually use MFP.

Bring back Mike I say, but I reckon he too, has long gone.

ps I have just gone onto Lose It and have created an account, they have a newsfeed there and logging food and drink is easy peasy as is logging exercise. I have stuck a bookmark from there onto my computer so I know where I will be going from now on in.
  • __Di__
    edited June 27
    Options
    I can’t see if someone responds if I log in or my friends mentions any things help

They removed the newsfeed. I have just opened a free account on Lose It, it is so easy to use and it has a newsfeed. MFP have pissed me right off. 12 years member here, but doing what they have just done has made me realise they do not have the best interests of the members in mind. I can't be doing with that.
  • __Di__
    edited June 27
    Options
    Did you post the wrong screenshot perhaps? The next step is clicking on either your profile picture or your user name.

That was clicking on my profile pic lol
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,354 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    You need to click on you profile picture or name in the screenshot you posted.
  • __Di__
    edited June 27
    Options
    Yes!!! Put it back. There’s no place now to see total pounds lost! Why was this removed?!?! Ridiculous. Please add the newsfeed back — or at the very least, add the total pounds lost icon on the home page.

It's still visible via the More menu button in the Android app, and on the homepage of the website.

No, it is no longer there, I am on PC, it doesn't show it at all now, hence me moving over to Lose It.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    On LoseIt, it's hard to find your friends since you need their email address. You can't find them by username.
    that does make things tricky ,but there are a couple MFP groups over there where you might find some, or make new ones. Just search for 'MFP' and at least 2 should show up. Some people have a new username and pic, plus there are always creepers in any social place, so just be careful who you accept.

• Trishcolli
    Trishcolli Posts: 145 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    And hence the reason for the mass exodus to other apps ….. 2 in particular … hundreds already over there … MFP made a mistake . Istead of fixing all the bots and spam , they just got rid .