Why are they taking the newsfeed away?

Options

Answers

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    It's not coming back. MFP has discontinued the newsfeed. It sounds like most people are moving to Lose It or My Net Diary to find each other and use the community functions those apps have.
  • straw6erries
    straw6erries Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    So that is why I can't see it anymore? My friend can see mine.
  • straw6erries
    edited June 27
    Options
    thank you coGypsy
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 388 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    I am not reading anything positive about the format change in MFP from everyone. specifically their removal of the activity feed. Connections with friends have become way more difficult. The community forums and individual messaging are too broad or cumbersome, and who has time to keep individually messaging all their friends? The activity feed was a wonderful way to briefly follow your friends and add encouragement, cheer their successes. I'm still logging in here, but it has become like turning in a report, no warmth, greetings, friendship, or any kind of place you want to hang around. I don't look forward to it anymore. Still logging to keep up my personal success, but this could be done on ANY app. The thrill is gone.
  • MissDawnMarie23
    MissDawnMarie23 Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Why did MfFP remove the feed?! Clearly, as I read these comments, it was an important feature. I want to keep up with my actual pals, not message forums! Now, we can’t support each other in our journey. Also, I liked seeing the articles there. I’ve been with MFP for nine years. I’m at maintenance, so now maybe it’s time to part ways. I hate to give up my nine year history, but the fact that they don’t care what we want is really disturbing.
  • MissDawnMarie23
    MissDawnMarie23 Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Ridiculous!! Tell us you don’t care, MFP, without telling us you don’t care. Nine years of history, but probably time to leave. Following and encouraging my friends was the only thing I did (in weight maintenance), besides logging in every day and reading articles. I liked those in my feed, too.
  • straw6erries
    edited June 27
    Options
    Thank you for your reply Lietchi, I appreciate it. :)
    May I ask then how do we see our friends progress if the newsfeed is no longer there?
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,350 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    May I ask then how do we see our friends progress if the newsfeed is no longer there?
    It seems as if MFP is trying to get out of the "social" part.

It is the food diary now, all by your lonesome.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,354 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Thank you for your reply Lietchi, I appreciate it. :)

With great difficulty. MFP tried to promote this:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10915268/welcome-to-your-activity-feed#latest

But it's not even close to a replacement of the newsfeed.
  • coffingurl
    coffingurl Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Dumb! They don't want users to be encouraged by their friends. Very bad choice
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 832 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    The newsfeed is gone and they added something new called an Activity Feed, but it's hard to find and it does not give you any way to interact with others. It's a very poor substitute.
  • 75vbls
    75vbls Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    What happened to the newsfeed?
  • espear876
    espear876 Posts: 13 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    I wish I knew.. makes this app totally different without it.