Senseless Fears

Options
Myhaloslipped
Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
Who is afraid of something weird or silly that makes no sense to other people? I am terrified of most birds. If I find myself surrounded by pigeons when I go downtown, it is all I can do not to scream. Also, There is a pier near my house with a beautiful view of the Detroit river. I never walk on it because it has no railing, and if a seagull flew too close to me, I would definitely freak out and probably fall into the water. Please tell me some of yours so I don't feel so crazy.

Replies

• BrianFL92
    Options
    pretty sure you are just crazy :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    High ceilings...for some reason seeing or being close to a ceiling makes me freak out. I blame it on those weird floaty dreams I used to get as a kid.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Withheld numbers, it could be ANYBODY!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    pretty sure you are just crazy :)

Haha we both know that is true. ;)
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of vomiting. No, seriously. Even if I'm sick and I KNOW I'll feel better if I let myself... I just can't. It's gross. :sick:
    Also, I hate being tickled. Not really a fear, just thought I'd share. lol
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Busy supermarkets freak me out.....I have abandoned my trolley on several occasions just to get away LOL.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm also scared of birds and or pretty much any type of thing that flies. (Bugs, butterflies, moths, etc.)
    Raw meat freaks me out.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    this would be a good thread to break out the crazy vs. hot scale...
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Commitment/intimacy. For personal reasons, I keep everyone at bay. It is what it is.
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of shower drains, mirrors, balloons popping, people knocking on my door, and microwaves. :embarassed:
  • danger2oneself2
    danger2oneself2 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of vomiting. No, seriously. Even if I'm sick and I KNOW I'll feel better if I let myself... I just can't. It's gross. :sick:
    Also, I hate being tickled. Not really a fear, just thought I'd share. lol

I also have a HUGE fear of vomiting, I've puked once in the last 10 years and there was absolutely no holding that back
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I followed a friend onto an elevator that I was pretty sure had a sign on it that said the elevator was broken. When the doors opened, I just figured it was fixed. It wasn't. I felt myself starting to panic when the elevator didn't move. I've never been afraid of being stuck on an elevator before, and I didn't like that feeling.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Aww dont be scared of birds, they are so sweet. I have a lovely large aviary in my backyard with a dozen cockatiels in it. They are so sweet and sing and talk. Heck, when I go out to visit, I always get several wolf whistles from them...Nice :wink:
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    Yeah commitment, height, spiders

I guess I don't have any senseless fears
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I followed a friend onto an elevator that I was pretty sure had a sign on it that said the elevator was broken. When the doors opened, I just figured it was fixed. It wasn't. I felt myself starting to panic when the elevator didn't move. I've never been afraid of being stuck on an elevator before, and I didn't like that feeling.

Not scared of elevators getting stuck, but to be safe, I make sure I tinkle first.....Just in case.:bigsmile:
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    I am terrified of bridges, electric wall heaters, tomatoes and commitment. :)
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    hD1FEBD3A
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I hate moths. I almost drove off the road trying to escape one trapped in my car. :embarassed:
  • horrorstory
    horrorstory Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Being tickled to death. Honestly I have had panic attacks just thinking about it.
    My boyfriend has tickled me until Ive cried multiple times.
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    Being tickled to death. Honestly I have had panic attacks just thinking about it.
    My boyfriend has tickled me until Ive cried multiple times.

I don't have that fear, but I am very ticklish, I'll run from my mom if she tries it and throw stuff down behind me so she can't catch me