Senseless Fears

Options

Replies

• okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    one godmother was terrified of birds, the other of cats and my mom of large dogs. So I feel my dislike of heights is no big deal. Weather does not scare me, I am from Oklahoma!
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    MF'N cave crickets. Seriously. I can handle snakes, crocs, gators, spiders, and pretty much any other creepy crawler you can imagine. I have kids so vomit and poop don't really phase me anymore (I hate it, but I deal). But cave crickets.... sweet mercy I hate them! HATE! And my cats think it is terribly funny to bring them in the house, rip off their legs one by one, and let those creepy suckers hop all over the place. BLECH!
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Fear of crawfish, unless they're cooked.
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Options
    Roller Coasters
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    when waiting for subways or trains, i stand well away from the yellow line bc i'm worried i'll fall. or that some psycho might do something stupid and shove me in front of them.

otherwise my fears are totes reasonable (heights, probably snakes though have not had the chance to fear them)

oh wait also driving over/through bridges & tunnels. i don't entirely trust they won't cave bc some idiot forgot to put in a nut.
  • SweetKisses1988
    Options
    Sleeping with my neck and feet exposed in the darkness. God knows what my parents were thinking, letting me watch Nosferatu and Salem's Lot as a kid :angry:

THIS ^ Well at least my feet anyway! I watched too many movies when I was a kid too!!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    and merging onto the highway, similar worry about crazed/careless/aggressive people (but had an accident that prompted that one).
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Heights, because I broke my back after falling off of a 10' zipline. Bridges, because I have had soo many nightmares about going off of one. Nightmares about my teeth falling out like shale...shiver. Feet, even my own kids', can barely cut their nails. Let me see, what else......spiders (naturally), crowds, buildings more than 3 stories high, and trampolines. Trampolines? I just imagine bouncing off to my demise. Lol......
  • CycleGuy9000
    Options
    Butterfly's. Horrid creatures.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy fear of spiders. My fiance makes fun of me all the time because I make HER kill the spider when I see one. I'd rather go hide in a closet somewhere. Thankfully, she's a kickass lady and she'll just sigh and get a shoe.

I know, totally not manly, right?

Also, I hate when people try to take pictures of me. That's mostly the reason why I have no profile picture. Probably because I smile creepily. Haha.

Last night I was doing the dishes, and the sink started filling up with water. All the sudden I see this big spider swimming in it trying to get to the side! I was all like OH HELL NO! So I sprayed water on top of it and forced it back under and it drowned. When it was floating at the top upside down, I called my son into the kitchen and made him scoop it out with a plastic cup. He tried to put the cup back in the sink! Throw that shniz away, boy, there was a spider in it!
  • Just_Wil
    Just_Wil Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Oh, thank the gods! I'm not alone in the fear of losing my teeth. Seriously, I have reoccurring nightmares about loose or missing teeth. I'm sure it means something...

Supposedly it means you feeling worried about your attractiveness, or are embarrassed about something.

I also heard that it was related to feeling guilty about something.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Spiders, heights, revolving doors, deep water where I can't see the bottom, sharks, whales, crabs, the dark, vomiting (or being around it - I get panic attacks), clowns, grates on the sidewalk, etc. etc. etc. I could go on for hours. I'm just a weirdo who's scared of everything.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    millipedes...gross little creatures. Totally freak me out and they crunch when you kill them!! Oh also spiders and roaches...don't like those either. Eww...
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy fear of spiders. My fiance makes fun of me all the time because I make HER kill the spider when I see one. I'd rather go hide in a closet somewhere. Thankfully, she's a kickass lady and she'll just sigh and get a shoe.

I know, totally not manly, right?

Also, I hate when people try to take pictures of me. That's mostly the reason why I have no profile picture. Probably because I smile creepily. Haha.

Last night I was doing the dishes, and the sink started filling up with water. All the sudden I see this big spider swimming in it trying to get to the side! I was all like OH HELL NO! So I sprayed water on top of it and forced it back under and it drowned. When it was floating at the top upside down, I called my son into the kitchen and made him scoop it out with a plastic cup. He tried to put the cup back in the sink! Throw that shniz away, boy, there was a spider in it!

That is a little extreme dear.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    snakes,
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Clowns, especially clowns with/making animal balloons. *cringe*
    Spiders (but if they are outside I'm totally fine)

If a spider ever decided to dress as a clown and make animal balloons I would be screwed.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I scream like a little girl and jump up on a table if there's a cockroach nearby. Live or dead, doesn't matter.

I can handle snakes and tarantulas, they're cool.I've kept a snake as a pet and used to hold some dude's spiders all the time, letting them crawl all over me.

I can jump off tall things, love the dark, fine in enclosed or open spaces...

but man, FRAK COCKROACHES.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Driving over bridges that have water underneath...I have nightmares about them all the time.

every Sunday I have to drive over one and back again after I go to visit my Dad. I have to take a big gulp, and just drive over it like a crazy person. But the funny thing is everyone else seems to drive over the bridge crazily too :laugh:
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I know that my fear is very very strange. I am seriously afraid of ceiling fans!

When I was a kid we had bunk beds and I was on the top bunk. My sister refused to sleep without the ceiling fan and she always got what she wanted - so I ended up getting hit by the ceiling fan almost every night.

I do not have a single one in my house and I have a really hard time being in someone's house with them on.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Power tools. Table saws, skilsaw, drills, jack hammers, sawzall. They all freak me out. For the longest time, I couldn't even watch people use them. Add to that list tools like backhoes and other heavy construction equipment used for digging and trenching. Steam rollers made me a little squirmy, too.

I've since gotten over it. Well, mostly. I built my own house in 2002-2003 and learned how to use those tools. Then I started my own construction company.

Table saws still have me feeling jumpy. I still don't like to watch other people using table saws, but I can safely use one myself.