New to the App questions on goal setting (:

Options
ncw9hxthqm
ncw9hxthqm Posts: 1 Member
edited June 6 in Introduce Yourself
HI ALL! I’m so excited to have more control during my fitness journey with this app! Im a 28y/o female 150lbs who works out regularly (3x a week) but don’t seem to see any results. I don’t lose/gain weight. I eat fairly healthy my plates consist of 25% protein, 25% carbs (rice) 50% veggies (fresh produce). I typically intermittent fast 12-15 hours a day. My water intake could be better and I do occasionally go out to eat on the weekends..my fitness goals are to tone my stomach and build more glutes. I’d appreciate all the advice and help offered! Happy tracking everyone !!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,837 Member
    Options
    Calorie balance is the direct determinant of weight loss, and you don't mention calories anywhere. What is your calorie goal, and how close do you average to that, including any "cheat days" or "cheat meals" if you do those?

I worked out 6 days most weeks, pretty intensely, training and even competing as an athlete, and eating healthy foods, but stayed overweight/obese for a dozen years. Coincidentally, I joined MFP and started calorie counting at about your current weight (mid-150s in my case, already down from class 1 obese by rough-counting calories on my own without logging).

For me, getting that calorie goal where it needed to be - based on careful logging and personal experience/results - was the key to managing my weight. I lost down to a healthy weight, and have been at a healthy weight for around 8 years since, after 30 previous years of overweight/obesity.

IMO, when we're talking about direct effects, the number/intensity/frequency/duration of workouts doesn't matter (can easily eat back those calories), the healthy food choices don't matter (can eat too much of healthy food), the macro split doesn't matter, the timing of eating doesn't matter (IF or any other schedule), when it comes to weight loss.

Calorie balance - eating fewer calories than I burned no matter how I burned them - that was what mattered. YMMV.