Share your NSV of the week!

Options

Replies

• LynzeNichole
    Options
    I just started working out this week (after not having done any exercise-type stuff in over a year) and the first day I was able to do 35 minutes on the elliptical without feeling like I was dying, I did 50 minutes the following day. It was a pleasant surprise!
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    New belt. That's 3 dead belts in all!
  • dgbrash2
    dgbrash2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In the past couple of weeks, the wife and youngest daughter have made comments about me looking like an orphan in some of my 'old' shirts. So, much to my dismay ("...but I LIKE that shirt!"), I have been 'thinning' out my closet lately. (pun intended :))
  • dpwdash
    dpwdash Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I decided to get up early this morning to workout since I knew I could not work out on my lunch like normal. I finished the C25K W8D1 in style with 2.55 miles in 38 minutes. I did not feel like I was going to die and problably could have gone further if I had time. HOT DIGGITY!!! I never would have thought this could be me.
  • LogiesMom09
    LogiesMom09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago, I bought a size 10 formal gown for my 25th HS reunion and was ecstatic that it fit beautifully. Two nights ago, I decided to try it on again to see how it looked with the shoes and accessories and it's now too big. I don't have time to send it back so I'm having it altered.
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My mother in law was in town and she took my husband and I out to eat 5 TIMES while she was here for three days and paid for everything. I didn't binge once! :glasses:
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I went to the store for some cold meds...I am sick as a dog!! :(

While I was there I saw a friend I hadn't seen since the beginning of her pregnancy because she had moved. Well, she had her baby last week and I wouldn't go very close but wanted to see her...so freaking adorable!!!! Well, my friend turns around and says, "OMG girl!!! You have lost a lot of weight!!!! You look great!!! Well you look like crap, cause you're sick...But You LOOK GREAT!!!"

Was hard to even laugh at her reaction due to being so sick, but I couldn't help the little smile that came to my lips and mouthed thank you. :)
  • SAH1906
    SAH1906 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I got my lab work back and I am no longer "pre- diabetic"! My cholesterol and sugar levels have all made significant drops since I started this in May.

Also, I'm back wearing XL shirts from the 3XL that I was struggling to fit in April. It's been a great ride so far and I can't wait to get my big scale victory... ONEderland!

Thank the Lord for his blessings, strength and favor!
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wore shorts in public, ran 4.23 miles, all the clothes in my closet fit!
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've poked 5 holes in my belt since the beginning of the year. I used to wear it at the 3rd hole from the tightest, so im down 8 holes. :happy:
  • lindseydavis07
    lindseydavis07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was doing TurboFire at home and my pants are so loose now they fell down :) Glad I was the only one home! Now I get an excuse to go shopping!

20915408.png
  • samammay
    Options
    Went to my kids' open house last night. Ran into several people I havent seen all summer. They all commented on how i've lost weight. They are the first to notice and say something.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I finally hit the 50 lb loss mark this morning. Well, 50.8 to be technical.

Yay! :bigsmile:

Yeah, it's a scale victory, but I had to share.
  • Jewelsfla
    Jewelsfla Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I got a very nice comment from a coworker. It's the best when people who haven't known about your weight loss efforts just comment organically!
  • QuietMorning
    QuietMorning Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    After getting on the scales this morning, and being a tad disappointed about no loss (no gain either though) my hubby looks up from his phone and says "wow, I can tell the working out is working for you. I can see a change already." :love: Made my day! I had been working out sorta for a few weeks (injury), but just started working out hard on Monday. Definite motivation to keep getting up way earlier then everyone else to get my time. :happy:
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I was so excited when I hopped in hubbies car and realized i no longer had to suck in and twist and turn my body to try and get seat belt buckled!
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Way to go everyone! I love reading these. I have two non-scale victories, but one isn't even a fitness related one.

My first non-scale victory is that I managed to suck it up and go to the gym today even on minimal sleep. I jogged for thirty minutes on the treadmill then pedaled for fifteen on the spin bike. I can tell this is victory already because I can feel it in my thighs.

My non-fitness-related victory is that I am re-starting to learn how to read music/play piano again. I'm basically a little kidl earning it for the very first time, so I have trouble. But, I just need to practice and soon I'll be playing. :)
  • slhass10
    slhass10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I while tending bar on wing night I brought my dinner!! Grilled chicken on Whole Grain Flat bread with Chili pepper hummus and steamed veggies! My entire plate of food had less calories than 5 chicken wings...I was not hungry or tempted by the fried food and snacks at all. It felt great and I had more energy, oh and it left enough calories to have a drink at the end of my shift!!
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The pants I wore to work today are ones that I bought just a few months ago. I even can't keep them up, so I guess I won't be wearing them again! LOL! I guess I'll be doing some thrift store shopping this weekend...I'm running out of clothes that fit!
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    completed the second level of 30DS!!!! Never, ever, would I have thought I'd make it as far as I have!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!