Ari, 39, fired up about losing weight

Options
Hi, I knew about myfitnesspal, but I never quite knew how to use it until I started watching this one channel on YouTube called sansacooks. She explained macros so well, and I got so excited about "food data" that it got me excited about counting my calories and looking more closely at what I eat. No food is "good" or "bad necessarily, but every day becomes a puzzle of working in your macros within a set limit and trying not to go over that limit if you can in order to achieve weight loss. I feel like macros have "gamified" my weight loss journey immensely. It's fun!
I do make mistakes and have pitfalls, but I'm keeping at it, one daily puzzle at a time.
Ari

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,897 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ari, and welcome!

I like that approach and attitude. I think it's true in a way that this is like a game . . . one with pretty much the highest payoff ever, greatly improved quality of life. (At least that's been my experience with the outcome.)

My paradigm was more like thinking of it as a fun science fair project for grown-ups, but I don't think that's dramatically different.

Finding a way to enjoy the process is a helpful thing, for sure. Wishing you success!