Ready to be happy again

Options
Hello I am a 34 year old mom of 3. Lately I haven’t been happy with my weight and after going to the doctor today it’s definitely time to do something about it. I am starting something different this time around. Today I started my calorie deficit, something I have never done before. I’m hoping to lose about 40 to 50 lbs. I’ve lost weight before. I cut carbs completely out and ended up gaining back all the weight. I have been so depressed about my weight and I just want to be happier. I don’t have a support system so I joined this app to get advice and motivation. Happy to be here 🙂

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,372 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Well, as you experienced yourself, it's all about making changes that you can keep up long-term :smile: good news, you already figured out one strategy doesn't work for you (cutting carbs)!

Try to focus on gradual, small changes rather than overhauling your life (diet/exercise) in one go, focusing on changes you'll be able to stick to long-term: not just to lose the weight, but to keep it off afterwards.
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You got this.
  • nuzhatat
    nuzhatat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 31 and have three kids myself, looking to go from 35lbs, but I dont have any friend to join me on my journey. Best of luck to you too.
  • hmosser
    hmosser Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you find what you’re looking for!
  • CoriRichardson2024
    CoriRichardson2024 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I’m 35 mom of 4! I felt like you were writing my story for me! My support system is also very very limited and even that may not count as super. But, I’m hoping being here will find me more people like you who are in the save journey!
  • Thoovee
    Thoovee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 38, mom of 2! I started here pre-kids and was really into weight lifting. But after kids, it all fell to the wayside, so I'm starting here too! I'm also looking for new friends to help keep the motivation going!!
  • HopeFreedom
    HopeFreedom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Single mum to 1 little boy here.

I too am focusing on sustainable changes because I don't want to keep losing then gaining and losing again!
  • capgordon2393
    capgordon2393 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey hope u smash to it we all here if needed take ur time don't rush it will happen