Hi there :)

Options
Natalia_A20
Natalia_A20 Posts: 8 Member
edited June 29 in Introduce Yourself
Hii, I'm Natalia, I'm 24 years old and from Spain. I'm not exactly new here, but this is the first time I have actually used this app more consistently.

Recently I've been thinking that I don't like my appearance very much and I'm in terrible shape. I'm kind of lazy so it's difficult for me to find motivation to move and exercise. Currently I'm struggling with going to the gym (and I only go 2 days, 3 on an exceptionally good week). I just don't like exercise at all. I've tried yoga, pilates, swimming, cardio, lifting... It is what it is, but I want to be more toned. I used to be a good swimmer but I left it years ago and fell back to an extremely sedentary life. I guess depression also contributed to this.

My goal is to lose at least 5 kg by August, and get more in shape in general. Right now I'm trying to stick to a 1250-80 calorie diet and I'm really motivated. Feel free to add me to motivate each other
Tagged:

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,871 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

There are some great threads created by our members, bookmarked to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's
  • ameetkkhabra
    ameetkkhabra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would love to be friend
  • __Alex___
    __Alex___ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, dopamine helps with motivation. Exercise creates dopamine. You don't need to exercise like crazy, just be consistent. 30 minute walk every day will do wonders - the key is consistency. If you do that for a month, you'll start feeling the effects and it will become easier to be active. Do it for 2 months and you'll be addicted and adding more exercises.

Don't worry about what you're eating or how much. Just be active consistently (daily 30 minute walk) until it becomes a habit. In a few months when being active is a habit, you can start thinking about what you eat (if you want to).

Daily consistency is the key. The way to daily consistency is to make it easy for yourself.

All the best,
    Alex