WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,212 Member
    Good morning beautiful ladies!

My Dad's hearing aids are broken so he can't go to his classes. I hope to get new parts for a quick fix this afternoon. Fingers crossed!

I have to pick up a bit before the cleaners come. So just a quick hello!

Have a great day, and may you all be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,722 Member
    Pg25
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,500 Member
    Lisa ~ Tyler is so handsome and he has a really sweet smile! Glad you had good news from your check up.

Michelle ~ So sorry about the passing of your friend in Switzerland. Every day I think about my long time friend who passed away last Spring.

Vicky ~ Those 12 hour days are so draining on you. And, I hope you get to keep taking your water pills. It seems like you are constantly losing help in your hospital. Pray it will improve.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,575 Member
    edited July 16
    Lisa - Oh wow!! Time just whizzes by. A lovely young man. ❤️

Just made a coleslaw to go with the pork pie this evening when we get back from my son's house. John had to pop out for carrots after lunch so I could make it. I hate bought coleslaw, but love my own homemade.
    He excelled himself yesterday by cleaning the undercounter rubbish cupboard (trash). We have both recycling and normal in there, and it had got really dirty. I didn't feel I could crouch down for long enough to clean it, so I just mentioned it casually to John. He did a great job in a very difficult space for a 78 year old!

I will have a quick nap and order an Uber later. My son usually brings us home. Don't know if we will be needed next week, as it's the last day of school for the girls. Max broke up last Friday.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,016 Member
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,167 Member
    edited July 16
    Finally feeling better. I hope it stays. I was able to do a 1/2 hour walk this morning before breakfast. First time in a week. So back too it!

Last night supper: NaaN with avocado, 1/2 apple. Had an Orange for dessert at dinner. Not sure what to call this mess that DH made yesterday: Jasmine rice, mushrooms, left over chicken, onion, black olive slices, celery and a touch of tomato sauce (Ragu). Not his best, but he wasn’t feeling well. I added cucumber to finish an old one and make the plate look more like the ‘My Plate’.

Breakfast today was a container of Oikos Triple Zero, 1 T craisins, 1.5T raisins, 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup Red Mills Muesli. 410 calories and lots of good protein! Starting the day with 3 fruits, not counting what was included in the Muesli, I think dates.

4vz2ubn2sgdx.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell.

PS. Not covid, I tested, just a summer virus that everyone around here is getting.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,167 Member
    Today is strange as they celebrate snakes and guinea pigs the same day. Snakes eat guinea pigs! Corn fritters and elderly women day. Celebrate! We are women but not elderly!! 🤪
    k1nzu1bqez2o.jpeg
    aahxiv5lfsb3.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell 🛸
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    edited July 16
    Machka9 wrote: »

For example, we have a glass display cabinet and in our previous place, it was tucked in a corner where it wasn't very visible and I had a bunch of wine glasses and other glass things in it. Here it is in a more visible location and for a moment I was going to put the wine glasses back in it, but then I thought, "We don't drink alcohol! Why would I display wine glasses?" So the wine glasses are going onto a bottom shelf of my china cabinet, and the glass display cabinet will contain cycling ornaments! :):)

M in Oz

Why not get rid of the wine glasses if you don’t drink?

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,559 Member
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,462 Member

Rebecca – Oh, that Athena and Eli! Thanks for sharing

We record TV shows and then fast forward thru the commercials. You have no idea how many times we’ve reached for the remote when we’re down in FL to fast forward and then realize that we can’t

Thank you, everyone, for your kind sympathies for my friend. Actually, I’m surprised how well I’m handling it. I’m OK because I had a while to come to terms that this was going to happen and I know that she’s no longer in pain. It does help that I know that my last words to her were “I love you. You'll always have a special place in my heart. Good bye”. Knowing that was the last time I’d ever talk to her. It’s just eerie that she went to see my mother on the anniversary of my mother’s death.

Worked, got my hair cut and chin waxed, went in the pool but heard a big clap of thunder (but it’s sunny out now) so got out of the pool. Ceramics tonight but none next week

Again water is leaking at BK. This happened two years ago. The a/c man came, fixed something and it hasn’t happened. Only today it started. Well, actually, it started last Fri but then it was only a drop here and a drop there, nothing Monday, but today I had to put a bucket to catch all the water. Had to do the prep by the sink where they wash the dishes. There’s really no other place where it can be done. The store manager was there so she saw the bucket. Hope it gets resolved fast. I like doing my work where I am, everything is set up and I don’t have to keep walking back and forth. But this isn’t something that’ll go on forever. I do feel sorry for the store manager, the store is older (I’m thinking it was probably built in the 60’s because one room has dark paneling and that was big in the 60’s.) and every time you turn around, something is breaking – the fryer a few times, the grill a few times. Oh well….

Okie – I would get rid of the wine glasses, too. Someone can use them, donate them. Why keep something you don’t use? Just so it can gather dust and you have to wash it???

Almost time for dinner.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,430 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

For example, we have a glass display cabinet and in our previous place, it was tucked in a corner where it wasn't very visible and I had a bunch of wine glasses and other glass things in it. Here it is in a more visible location and for a moment I was going to put the wine glasses back in it, but then I thought, "We don't drink alcohol! Why would I display wine glasses?" So the wine glasses are going onto a bottom shelf of my china cabinet, and the glass display cabinet will contain cycling ornaments! :):)

M in Oz

Why not get rid of the wine glasses if you don’t drink?

Okie in the TX Hill Country

We might get rid of some but some look fancy ... they're nice if we want to use the china. But filled with ginger ale or something non-alcoholic.